"For, About and By Bluff Park, Alabama"

Home Neighborhood Updates Bluff Park Information Bluff Park Businesses About and Contact Neighborhood Watch Bluff Park Forum Community Billboard Op/Ed (Coming Soon) Heather's Corner

Spread the word!  Like us on Facebook:  

Follow us on Twitter

Get the Book "Images of America: Hoover" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs   

Get the Book "Images of America: Bluff Park" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs

Check out the Event Calendar for "Images of America: Bluff Park" and "Images of America: Hoover"

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Welcome to the Bluff Park, Alabama Forum
05/02/24 at 6:05pm
News: Welcome to BluffParkAL.org, serving as THE Bluff Park Neighborhood Web Site since 2006
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Frances Armstrong death (Read 1591 times)
BluffParkWriter
Global Moderator

I Love sugar cookies
with splenda

Frances Armstrong death
06/10/11 at 6:13pm

I have been informed that a Bluff Park cornerstone, Frances Armstrong, has passed away. Armstrong owned and operated Francis' Dance Studio on Shades Crest Road in the historic home of Sophronia Hale. the studio was later moved to Valley Street around the corner from Mr. P's and renamed The Dance Center.  

Her services will be Monday at Jefferson Memorial Funeral Home on Highway 150 in Hoover. I do not have the time yet and it's not listed on al.com at this time.   Update to come.

Email WWW   IP Logged
BPLifer 2

I Love Bluff Park!

Re: Frances Armstrong death
Reply #1 - 06/11/11 at 6:51pm

I took dance from her 15 years ago!  Such sad news  Sad

WWW   IP Logged
BluffParkWriter
Global Moderator

I Love sugar cookies
with splenda

Re: Frances Armstrong death
Reply #2 - 06/12/11 at 9:58am

Funeral info:

ARMSTRONG, FRANCES HELOISE YARBROUGH KEETON 94, of Bluff Park, passed away on Thursday, June 9, 2011. She was a graduate of Ensley High School and was the founder and instructor at Frances Dance Studio in Bluff Park. She is preceded in death by her husband Theodore Armstrong and son William H. "Butch" Keeton. She is survived by her daughter, Sylvia Henington of Hattisburg MS; two grandsons, David L. Henington of Little Elm TX and Kevin L. Henington of Hattisburg MS; four great grandchildren; her surrogate family, Donny, Tammy, Christopher and Corey Price of Helena. Funeral services will be held on Monday, June 13, 2011 at 2 pm in the Currie-Jefferson Funeral Home Chapel with burial to follow in the Jefferson Memorial Gardens, South. The family will receive friends from 12 until 2 pm at the funeral home.  

http://obits.al.com/obituaries/birmingham/obituary.aspx?n=frances-heloise-yarbro ugh-keeton-armstrong&pid=151855035&fhid=13326

Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

godaddy stats

All Content ©2006-2014 BluffParkAl.org - All Rights Reserved - Site Designed and Hosted by PC Medics of Alabama/An RFS Enterprises Company