"For, About and By Bluff Park, Alabama"

Home Neighborhood Updates Bluff Park Information Bluff Park Businesses About and Contact Neighborhood Watch Bluff Park Forum Community Billboard Op/Ed (Coming Soon) Heather's Corner

Spread the word!  Like us on Facebook:  

Follow us on Twitter

Get the Book "Images of America: Hoover" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs   

Get the Book "Images of America: Bluff Park" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs

Check out the Event Calendar for "Images of America: Bluff Park" and "Images of America: Hoover"

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Welcome to the Bluff Park, Alabama Forum
05/04/24 at 3:28am
News: Welcome to BluffParkAL.org, serving as THE Bluff Park Neighborhood Web Site since 2006
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
coyote! (Read 10559 times)
bluffparkresident
YaBB Newbies

Re: coyote!
Reply #15 - 01/31/12 at 9:51am

Where exactly are these being spotted?  I live in the Shades Plateau area off Savoy.  My dogs are inside at night, but have been waking me up barking in the middle of the night lately.  I thought they were just being "needy" but now I'm wondering if they are hearing things outside....

IP Logged
BluffParkWriter
Global Moderator

I Love sugar cookies
with splenda

Reply #16 - 02/01/12 at 1:43pm

My dog has been acting strange at night also. She will not go in the back yard unless one of us is with her. She is as normal in the day.

*If people can send me names and contact info for people who have had pets lost to the coyotes or have seen them with their own eyes we may be able to go to the city and get some help.

Email WWW   IP Logged
whatsmybeef
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #17 - 02/18/12 at 8:51am

First, let me offer my sympathies to anyone who has lost a pet.  As to the location of the coyotes, they are raising a litter of pups in the woods between Farley and Carrisbrooke.  My neighbors and I can hear them almost nightly.  The pups get very excited, and start yapping when the parents bring food back.  Not sure how you could get rid of them, and even if you did, it wouldn't be long before more would move in to replace them.  They are all over the state, and I've seen them in every part of the Metro area, including Downtown Birmingham.   Keep small dogs inside at night, and if your cat is declawed it's probably not a good idea to ever let them outside since thay can't climb trees without them.  

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

godaddy stats

All Content ©2006-2014 BluffParkAl.org - All Rights Reserved - Site Designed and Hosted by PC Medics of Alabama/An RFS Enterprises Company