"For, About and By Bluff Park, Alabama"

Home Neighborhood Updates Bluff Park Information Bluff Park Businesses About and Contact Neighborhood Watch Bluff Park Forum Community Billboard Op/Ed (Coming Soon) Heather's Corner

Spread the word!  Like us on Facebook:  

Follow us on Twitter

Get the Book "Images of America: Hoover" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs   

Get the Book "Images of America: Bluff Park" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs

Check out the Event Calendar for "Images of America: Bluff Park" and "Images of America: Hoover"

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Welcome to the Bluff Park, Alabama Forum
04/29/24 at 8:15pm
News: Welcome to BluffParkAL.org, serving as THE Bluff Park Neighborhood Web Site since 2006
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
No more buses?  NO WAY! (Read 5591 times)
Bluff Park Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

No more buses?  NO WAY!
07/15/13 at 10:35pm

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2013/07/hoover_to_cut_school_bus_servi.html#incart_r iver_default

This is not acceptable. 20% of Hoover City Schools children are low-income. Some of these families rely on the school bus to not only get to school, but also get home from school. But other families rely on it as well, especially those where both parents work.

If you live in the city limits of Hoover, regardless of whether you have a child in the school system or not, send an e-mail RIGHT NOW to the Board of Education stating your objection to this move. Trust me, IT WORKS. I've set up an e-mail address where you can send one e-mail that will get to ALL of the Board members: Earl Cooper, Paulette Pearson, Donna Frazier, Derick Murphy and Steven Presley, plus Andy Craig.

All can be reached by sending ONE e-mail to hooverboe@hooverinvocation.org . This address goes to ALL members.

Write it now. Also, contact the members of the Hoover City Council and Mayor Ivey at mayorsoffice@ci.hoover.al.us . Send the e-mail to the mayor and ask that it be forwarded to the council.

Again, this affects you if you have children in the school system or you don't. As a homeowner in Hoover you should be livid right about now.

Write the e-mail NOW.

And share this link on your timeline to let your friends know. NOW.

The Administrator.
Email WWW   IP Logged
overhere
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Re: No more buses?  NO WAY!
Reply #1 - 07/16/13 at 10:54am

please , just don't start rioting. It ain't that serious

IP Logged
Mrs. B

Reply #2 - 07/16/13 at 11:19am

Sent one just now.

IP Logged
BluffParkWriter
Global Moderator

I Love sugar cookies
with splenda

Reply #3 - 07/23/13 at 10:51pm

Announced on the Save the Hoover City School Bus Systems Facebook page: Community Wide Meeting July 25, 2013 at 7 PM location: Artists on the Bluff, Park Avenue in Bluff Park.  

This article also went up on Al.com moments ago  
http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2013/07/hoover_school_officials_recons.html

Email WWW   IP Logged
Bluff Park Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #4 - 07/24/13 at 10:32am

Opponents of Hoover school bus cuts organize to reverse decision:

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2013/07/opponents_of_hoover_school_bus.html

The Administrator.
Email WWW   IP Logged
ht2

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #5 - 07/29/13 at 9:41am

Did anything come out of that meeting?

IP Logged
BluffParkWriter
Global Moderator

I Love sugar cookies
with splenda

Reply #6 - 07/29/13 at 3:55pm

ht2: Links to the stories on the meeting and turn out are on the homepage

Email WWW   IP Logged
BPLC

You grow it, we mow
it!

Reply #7 - 09/02/13 at 9:25am

I hope there are plans in place to widen Park Ave and Chapel Rd around the schools. Can y'all imagine the traffic jam if this actually happens. So much for the millions spent to extend Chapel Rd to Patton Creek. Chapel will be a parking lot from 7:40-8:15 and after school 2:30 -3:30 forget about it. The traffic already backs up from Gwin Elem. carpool.  

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

godaddy stats

All Content ©2006-2014 BluffParkAl.org - All Rights Reserved - Site Designed and Hosted by PC Medics of Alabama/An RFS Enterprises Company