"For, About and By Bluff Park, Alabama"

Home Neighborhood Updates Bluff Park Information Bluff Park Businesses About and Contact Neighborhood Watch Bluff Park Forum Community Billboard Op/Ed (Coming Soon) Heather's Corner

Spread the word!  Like us on Facebook:  

Follow us on Twitter

Get the Book "Images of America: Hoover" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs   

Get the Book "Images of America: Bluff Park" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs

Check out the Event Calendar for "Images of America: Bluff Park" and "Images of America: Hoover"

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Welcome to the Bluff Park, Alabama Forum
04/26/24 at 12:04am
News: Welcome to BluffParkAL.org, serving as THE Bluff Park Neighborhood Web Site since 2006
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Arrest Made for Home Robbery (Read 2184 times)
Officer Foreman

Hoover Police
Department

Arrest Made for Home Robbery
07/26/13 at 8:58pm

Thursday, July 25, 2013, at approximately 1030pm two males entered an apartment at Alpine Village and robbed a male and female victim of property at gunpoint. One of the suspects also took a Ford pickup truck which belonged to the victim; both suspects fled the scene.
     Based on information given by the victims to the 911 Center, Patrol Officers located the pickup truck at Ashford Townhomes in Bluff Park and observed one suspect walking in the parking lot. He was arrested after a short foot chase. Property belonging to the victim was recovered from the pickup and from the suspect.

Full Press Release:  

http://www.hooverpd.com/ftpupload/upload/RobberyArrest7-26-13.pdf

www.hooverpd.com
Email WWW   IP Logged
bpresident
Global Moderator

I Love Bluff Park!

Re: Arrest Made for Home Robbery
Reply #1 - 07/27/13 at 4:23am

I once again bring up:  Ashford Townhomes would make a great location for a nice park that everyone could enjoy.

Perhaps the city council would entertain purchasing the apartments and property.

IP Logged
pekaboo

Reply #2 - 07/28/13 at 8:56pm

I know people who have lived in those apartments for a very long time, and will probably have trouble finding another place to live, due to low income. Ashford townhomes is one of the cheapest places to live in a nice part of town. If something does happen to these apartments, where can these people move? Also if one says Ashford needs to be torn down, should that also include Autumn village? I think I have mentioned this before, I don't think they need to be torn down, just updated.

IP Logged
teatucker

Welsh with no tail

Reply #3 - 07/29/13 at 12:36am

Anyone who rents an apartment risk the chance of the complex being shutdown or sold. That is just part of NOT being a homeowner. When you rent you have no ownership in your apartment, the owners of the complex can do as they want within the law. "Where are they supposed to go?" It's their responsibility to find a new place (A plan B would always be a good idea when renting) they have to do what we all do.....the best we can.  

As for taking them down, yes I would agree to that. The property would be better served to the community as something other than a place that continues to go down hill and attract and harbor crime.  It's a nice idea to have lower rent apartments in Hoover or other cities so that good people can move out of areas that are high crime, poor schools etc.... The thing is if someone is going to do that then they can't bring the characteristics of what they left into our community. You can't bring the bad elements you are trying to escape with you.

IP Logged
ht2

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #4 - 07/29/13 at 9:46am

Quote from bpresident on 07/27/13 at 4:23am:
I once again bring up:  Ashford Townhomes would make a great location for a nice park that everyone could enjoy.

Perhaps the city council would entertain purchasing the apartments and property.

Second, and I have many neighbors and friends in Bluff Park that feel the same way.  That complex and the one next to it are a cancer that is slowly eating away at Bluff Park.

IP Logged
pekaboo

Reply #5 - 07/29/13 at 4:17pm

ok, the apartments are getting old, so why are they not being torn down? Is it because Abbey Residential who owns the apartments has to agree with the city demolish it? Maybe if another apartment company took over they could fix things.  

Also the crime happened at Alpine, they were just captured at Ashford.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

godaddy stats

All Content ©2006-2014 BluffParkAl.org - All Rights Reserved - Site Designed and Hosted by PC Medics of Alabama/An RFS Enterprises Company