"For, About and By Bluff Park, Alabama"

Home Neighborhood Updates Bluff Park Information Bluff Park Businesses About and Contact Neighborhood Watch Bluff Park Forum Community Billboard Op/Ed (Coming Soon) Heather's Corner

Spread the word!  Like us on Facebook:  

Follow us on Twitter

Get the Book "Images of America: Hoover" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs   

Get the Book "Images of America: Bluff Park" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs

Check out the Event Calendar for "Images of America: Bluff Park" and "Images of America: Hoover"

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Welcome to the Bluff Park, Alabama Forum
05/04/24 at 8:23pm
News: Welcome to BluffParkAL.org, serving as THE Bluff Park Neighborhood Web Site since 2006
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Who NOT to Use as a Realtor in Bluff Park (Read 1308 times)
bpresident
Global Moderator

I Love Bluff Park!

Who NOT to Use as a Realtor in Bluff Park
04/22/14 at 10:01am

It seems that a lot of homes are going up for sale in Bluff Park and the usual names are found on the signs.  One name in particular, though, should be avoided after our experience with her.

Some background:  my daughter is looking for a house where her five year old can ride his bike safely.  Bluff Park is where she grew up and thought it would be a nice place to raise her son as well.  There was a sign on Chapel Road with the Remax name pointing down Farley for a House for Rent.  The agents name on the sign was Michele Burbank and her phone number is 205-222-7630.

When you call the number it goes to voicemail.  I left numerous messages for about a week before she called back.  She gave the address of the home at being 302 Ashland, telling me that the house if vacant and she'd be happy to show it any time, but sounded very disinterested.  Maybe rental houses don't pay much commission.

We went and looked at it and it was exactly what my daughter was looking for.  So we called back.  And we called back.  And we called back.  Daily.  Sometimes twice a day.  We even called her main office number at Remax Property Legends http://www.propertylegends.com/remaxal/index.asp?p=agentlist , but we were told that Michele handles her own accounts and only she could talk about the house.  The young lady said she'd be glad to give me Michele's cell phone number.  I told her that I had it.  She doesn't return calls.  The young lady apologized, but said there's nothing she could do.

As the end of the month got closer, the calls became more frequent, as did the lack of response from Michele.  Today I called and Michele's voicemail started like this:  "This is Michele Burbank with Property Legends.  If you're calling about the house for rent on Ashland, it's been rented.  If you're calling about another real estate matter, please leave your name and number...".  

So, success in getting the house rented.  But how long was it on the market as a rental?  

If I'm selling a house, I'm going with anyone other than Michele Burbank. How do her clients feel about her?  Here's her testimonial page:

http://www.micheleburbank.remax-alabama.com/remaxal/index.asp?p=testimonials.asp

I guess no comment is better than a negative comment, right?

Meanwhile, if anyone knows of any rental houses in Bluff Park (min. 2 BR) where the person renting the property might actually answer the phone, I know of an anxious person looking to rent.

IP Logged
teatucker

Welsh with no tail

Re: Who NOT to Use as a Realtor in Bluff Park
Reply #1 - 04/28/14 at 12:34pm

There is a house for rent on Farley Terrace. It is a red brick house two doors down on the left after you turn at the fork.

IP Logged
BluffParkGirl
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Re: Who NOT to Use as a Realtor in Bluff Park
Reply #2 - 05/01/14 at 6:56am

One level brick for rent - corner of Clearview and Savoy   (up behind Piggly Wiggly)

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

godaddy stats

All Content ©2006-2014 BluffParkAl.org - All Rights Reserved - Site Designed and Hosted by PC Medics of Alabama/An RFS Enterprises Company