"For, About and By Bluff Park, Alabama"

Home Neighborhood Updates Bluff Park Information Bluff Park Businesses About and Contact Neighborhood Watch Bluff Park Forum Community Billboard Op/Ed (Coming Soon) Heather's Corner

Spread the word!  Like us on Facebook:  

Follow us on Twitter

Get the Book "Images of America: Hoover" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs   

Get the Book "Images of America: Bluff Park" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs

Check out the Event Calendar for "Images of America: Bluff Park" and "Images of America: Hoover"

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Welcome to the Bluff Park, Alabama Forum
05/04/24 at 6:28pm
News: Welcome to BluffParkAL.org, serving as THE Bluff Park Neighborhood Web Site since 2006
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Bluff Park Revitalization (Read 11858 times)
meredithshepherd
YaBB Newbies

Re: Bluff Park Revitalization
Reply #15 - 08/14/07 at 9:24am

The slow progress of improving the area, the increase in crime, and the previous lack of police presence. It seems we have to fight here to get anything done. I see some progress though.

We were unable to attend the meet and greet. My husband and I were putting in hardwood floors in our house. A whole weekend project. I would have liked to put some names with faces especially since very few people on the forum use their real names.

IP Logged
Bluff Park Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #16 - 08/15/07 at 8:03am

The Birmingham News has an article with the results of the study in the August 15, 2007 paper:

http://www.al.com/news/birminghamnews/hoover.ssf?/base/community/118716742819726 0.xml&coll=2

The Administrator.
Email WWW   IP Logged
BluffParkwriter
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 08/15/07 at 10:11am

After reading the story I think it shows some positives.
We cant expect the city to pay for everything, revitalization of private business building etc is up to the owner.  

Mr. Harden has done a wonderful job with Bluff Park Village, I remember when there was nothing up there but trouble.  

Question- Does anyone know who owners the Shades Mtn Shopping center? I think it is split into 2 parts each side (piggly Wiggly side and the dentists side) being owned by different people/ developers. They might be back together now.. I am not sure. I know in the 90' John Gibson owned it (lived across from me) but he sold it.. and then I think it sold again. It does not look like the owner (s) are interested in revitalizing that complex.. never interviewed by media, never at any of the community meetings..etc

IP Logged
banshee67
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #18 - 08/31/07 at 7:54pm

It would also be a nice thing if the Hoover Library would open a branch library in the shopping center. I was curious if city hall was going to let the revitalization thing die a quiet death.

IP Logged
fitgrl

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #19 - 08/31/07 at 8:24pm

I don't see much difference with Bluff Park Village.  If anything I think it is much worse now than it was 8-10 years ago.  Back then we had Delchamps, Harco, the cleaners, Deja Vu now we have....a storage building and dollar general??  That doesn't show improvement to me.  I appreciate that he cares about the revitalization but I don't think putting in that huge storage co is doing much revitalizing.  Just my opinion!

As far as Shades Mtn. Plaza goes...it is owned by several different people.  One guy owns Team Spirit, the Cleaners and the empty space where Team Spirit used to be I know.  I'm not sure what else he owns.  He is very nice though I can't remember his name.  On the other side Barron's old space and down to the cleaners old space is owned by another person.  I never met them because a real estate company manages the property for them.  They aren't very nice.  The white building is owned by another real estate co with several partners.  I think some of the partners are also partners in the Superior Mortgage Co. that is in the left side of the white building and live in Buff Park.

IP Logged
Forolemiss

Keep BP Beautiful

Reply #20 - 09/11/07 at 4:47pm

How can you hate the Pig??  Their honey chicken salad rocks and they are very friendly!!  Try shopping at Bruno's on Lakeshore or 31 and you will see how good you have it.  My wife and I have to practically beg someone to bag our groceries!!!  And do you remember what it replaced: The Western.  Talk about a pit.

I would like to see more eateries like Tip Top and the new diner.  Talk about convenient.  Decent food, right around the corner and a good price.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

godaddy stats

All Content ©2006-2014 BluffParkAl.org - All Rights Reserved - Site Designed and Hosted by PC Medics of Alabama/An RFS Enterprises Company