"For, About and By Bluff Park, Alabama"

Home Neighborhood Updates Bluff Park Information Bluff Park Businesses About and Contact Neighborhood Watch Bluff Park Forum Community Billboard Op/Ed (Coming Soon) Heather's Corner

Spread the word!  Like us on Facebook:  

Follow us on Twitter

Get the Book "Images of America: Hoover" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs   

Get the Book "Images of America: Bluff Park" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs

Check out the Event Calendar for "Images of America: Bluff Park" and "Images of America: Hoover"

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Welcome to the Bluff Park, Alabama Forum
05/16/24 at 1:15pm
News: Welcome to BluffParkAL.org, serving as THE Bluff Park Neighborhood Web Site since 2006
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Dog Found in Martinwood neighborhood (Read 783 times)
Adoptadog
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Dog Found in Martinwood neighborhood
04/06/08 at 3:56pm

We have found a dog with no collar/tags. She appears to be young, but fairly large. We think she may have been roaming our area for at least a week, as her ribs are showing some. Golden color, but some black ~ especially her muzzle. She has an unusual tail and one other thing that could be used to identify her. She seems to have a very sweet disposition, though she was VERY skittish when we first tried to approach her. Good with other dogs.  We will be taking her to the vet on Monday a.m. to check for a microchip.  
Please e-mail if you think this is your dog or know anyone who she may belong to.

Email   IP Logged
mbush
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Re: Dog Found in Martinwood neighborhood
Reply #1 - 04/07/08 at 8:25am

I just wanted to make a general comment about lost pets, and the powers that be on this website may decide that this post needs to be moved, which is no problem.  Smiley

Several months ago, my 2 Rhodesian Ridgeback dogs got out of our fence, and I posted on this forum to see if anyone had seen them.  I got several very encouraging responses back, but no one reading this site had seen them.  I was especially worried because I had failed to put their collars on them (mistake that I will not make again!) when letting them outside, and they did not have a micro-chip.

Thank goodness, a Bluff Park neighbor saw my dogs wandering around her yard, and being late at night, kept them for me until she could check for a micro-chip the next day and call local vets.  Her house was over a mile away from my house!  My dogs did not have chips, but we were able to connect through the Bluff Park Animal Clinic.  As soon as I picked them up, I took them to the vet to be chipped.  It was very inexpensive, and should my dogs ever get out again, I will feel much more confident that they will be found now that they have the chip.  Most all vets and animal shelters have access to a scanner that can scan animals for owner information and contact info.

Just a personal experience that I wanted to share in support of micro-chipping pets.  Smiley  It is a quick, inexpensive and permanent way to keep tabs on our beloved pets.  Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

godaddy stats

All Content ©2006-2014 BluffParkAl.org - All Rights Reserved - Site Designed and Hosted by PC Medics of Alabama/An RFS Enterprises Company