"For, About and By Bluff Park, Alabama"

Home Neighborhood Updates Bluff Park Information Bluff Park Businesses About and Contact Neighborhood Watch Bluff Park Forum Community Billboard Op/Ed (Coming Soon) Heather's Corner

Spread the word!  Like us on Facebook:  

Follow us on Twitter

Get the Book "Images of America: Hoover" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs   

Get the Book "Images of America: Bluff Park" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs

Check out the Event Calendar for "Images of America: Bluff Park" and "Images of America: Hoover"

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Welcome to the Bluff Park, Alabama Forum
04/29/24 at 1:47am
News: Welcome to BluffParkAL.org, serving as THE Bluff Park Neighborhood Web Site since 2006
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Garden Shop (Read 4063 times)
pcorley13
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Garden Shop
01/16/09 at 5:14pm

I would like to know if there is interest in a Garden Shop in Bluff Park.  I am interested in opening one if there is enough interest.
Please let me know your thoughts!

Email   IP Logged
bpresident
Global Moderator

I Love Bluff Park!

Re: Garden Shop
Reply #1 - 01/16/09 at 5:33pm

Quote from pcorley13 on 01/16/09 at 5:14pm:
I would like to know if there is interest in a Garden Shop in Bluff Park.  I am interested in opening one if there is enough interest.
Please let me know your thoughts!

Can you be a little more specific as to what it would be?  We had the nursery in the Shades Mountain Plaza that seemed to be attended 6 months out of the year.

We also had Plants Etc., also in Shades Mountain Plaza.  They were a combination of a florist and garden shop.  

What would your shop carry?

IP Logged
pcorley13
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #2 - 01/17/09 at 1:37pm

I would like to have a full service garden center.  There are no places in Bluff Park or Hoover to buy flowers and plants.  You have to go to Home Depot or Lowe's.

I would carry seasonal flowers and plants, a greenhouse, soil, fertilizer, gardening tools, pots, baskets, garden decorations (bird houses, bird feeders, bird baths, etc.)  I think the location at Shades Mt. Plaza would be a good location it just needs to be open year round with seasonal plants, a better selection of flowers and plants.

Thank you for your response.  Please let me know if you have additional questions.

Pam Corley

Email   IP Logged
teatucker

Welsh with no tail

Reply #3 - 01/17/09 at 2:44pm

I would love to see a garden shop open in the area, I do a lot of gardening and have to go to Homewood (Flower shop of Homewood near zaxby's or Sweet Peas also in Homewood, Bloom is an interesting place also) to get flowers and plants I cant find at lowes or home depot.

I think its a needed business in the area, if it was run correctly.
the place that BPresident mentioned just never seemed to be open all year and I did not think that they had good products.  I never got to Plants Etc so I am not sure about it.

IP Logged
pcorley13
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #4 - 01/17/09 at 2:48pm

I agree, it needs to be opened year round.  I am going to contact the people that own that property and find out more information about it.  I will keep you informed.
Thanks for your feedback!

Email   IP Logged
BluffParkWriter
Global Moderator

I Love sugar cookies
with splenda

Reply #5 - 01/17/09 at 9:34pm

Pcorley13, I am sending you a pm with info on who you need to talk to.

Email WWW   IP Logged
pcorley13
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #6 - 01/18/09 at 3:55pm

Great! Thank you!

Email   IP Logged
RW2
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #7 - 05/12/09 at 3:52pm

Any new news on your garden shop?

There is a man at the farmers market that has great plants and much better prices than Lowe's, Home Depot, or the other shops I have found around here.

IP Logged
BluffParkWriter
Global Moderator

I Love sugar cookies
with splenda

Reply #8 - 05/12/09 at 4:07pm

I really would like to see a garden shop open in our area. Perhaps voicing this to the shopping center owners would help fill some spaces. The antique place is closed now.. something needs to go there.

Email WWW   IP Logged
pcorley13
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #9 - 05/12/09 at 5:02pm

I seriously looked into opening a garden center at the empty lot next to ABC DayCare.  The expense of constructing a building on the lot was the one obstacle I could not overcome. It was an expense I felt like I could not afford to take on. I spoke with the man that owns the property but we was not willing to put any money into the project. I think a garden center is the one thng missing in this wonderful area. Maybe someone with deeper pockets than mine will open one someday.

Email   IP Logged
BPCyclist
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #10 - 05/12/09 at 10:09pm

I hope something can be worked out and you can open up your shop - I would love to have a garden center here in Bluff Park.  I'm tired of driving to Home Depot to buy basic lawn/garden supplies and would love to keep my $$$ here in the community.  We're at the point where in the next year or so we're going to start doing serious work in the yard (been in the house 3 years and JUST finished the interior stuff!) and it would be great to run down the street instead of down the mountain!

IP Logged
Mrs. B

Reply #11 - 05/13/09 at 7:27am

I think this is a great idea....driving to Andy's Creekside or Colliers is a pain.
If we had a shop with knowledgeable folks - nice plants, I would make it my first stop.
Lowe's just does not have what I need - drove to three places yesterday looking for water absorbing
crystals.....

IP Logged
friendofbp

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #12 - 05/15/09 at 12:17am

What a wonderful idea! I love supporting smaller businesses and feel so
lost going into those huge super stores.

I know that this is the first year in a looooong time that I have wanted to
put in a vegetable garden and maybe a lot of others are like me thinking
it will be a great way to stretch the budget.

I love the idea of being able to talk to a knowledgable person who has
the advice I might need on gardening.

I would love to see such a worthwhile business being established in  
Bluff Park.

IP Logged
RockviewResident

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #13 - 05/15/09 at 12:03pm

I would like one too, it would be nice.

War Eagle!
  IP Logged
BPLC

You grow it, we mow
it!

Reply #14 - 05/15/09 at 8:22pm

I think its a great idea, as well.  I started my business this year (Bluff Park Lawn Care)  and the support from the community has been incredible.  There is no doubt a great core shopping base here in Bluff Park the goes above and beyond to support Bluff Park businesses.  It would be really nice to be able to just run to the garden shop, instead of having to take an hour or so out of my work day to go to the big box stores.

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

godaddy stats

All Content ©2006-2014 BluffParkAl.org - All Rights Reserved - Site Designed and Hosted by PC Medics of Alabama/An RFS Enterprises Company