"For, About and By Bluff Park, Alabama"

Home Neighborhood Updates Bluff Park Information Bluff Park Businesses About and Contact Neighborhood Watch Bluff Park Forum Community Billboard Op/Ed (Coming Soon) Heather's Corner

Spread the word!  Like us on Facebook:  

Follow us on Twitter

Get the Book "Images of America: Hoover" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs   

Get the Book "Images of America: Bluff Park" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs

Check out the Event Calendar for "Images of America: Bluff Park" and "Images of America: Hoover"

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Welcome to the Bluff Park, Alabama Forum
05/05/24 at 12:10pm
News: Welcome to BluffParkAL.org, serving as THE Bluff Park Neighborhood Web Site since 2006
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Recycling (Read 1342 times)
BluffParkGirl
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Recycling
02/11/09 at 10:31am

Anyone know where we can recycle old phonebooks?

IP Logged
appleblossom

Groovy!!

Re: Recycling
Reply #1 - 02/12/09 at 7:44am

If you have a green recycle container - put them in there.  Well, let me refine that.  Depending on how many you have.. a lot -try and bundle them together and put them on the lid or beside the cart. Just a few - drop them in the container.  I've been putting phone books out for years and they have always picked them up unless I put to many in and it's way to heavy, but I've learned.
Recycle day is on Wednesday - make sure it's on the street by 7 am.  
That's the only time I ever see my neighbors, the lady that walks her dog and the couple that jogs around the corner is when I put the garbage & recycle carts out at 6:30 am when I leave for work.  Oh, and when it storms and the power goes out.. then I see everyone for blocks around.   Smiley

IP Logged
straycatmom

I Love Bluff Park!

Re: Recycling
Reply #2 - 02/12/09 at 6:17pm

Here is a link to what they accept:

http://www.hooveral.org/Default.asp?ID=340

It does include phone books.  I have heard that you do any recycler a service if you tear the covers off and dispose of them separately, but can't vouch for that.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

godaddy stats

All Content ©2006-2014 BluffParkAl.org - All Rights Reserved - Site Designed and Hosted by PC Medics of Alabama/An RFS Enterprises Company