"For, About and By Bluff Park, Alabama"

Home Neighborhood Updates Bluff Park Information Bluff Park Businesses About and Contact Neighborhood Watch Bluff Park Forum Community Billboard Op/Ed (Coming Soon) Heather's Corner

Spread the word!  Like us on Facebook:  

Follow us on Twitter

Get the Book "Images of America: Hoover" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs   

Get the Book "Images of America: Bluff Park" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs

Check out the Event Calendar for "Images of America: Bluff Park" and "Images of America: Hoover"

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Welcome to the Bluff Park, Alabama Forum
05/21/24 at 5:13pm
News: Welcome to BluffParkAL.org, serving as THE Bluff Park Neighborhood Web Site since 2006
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
car at park ave and farley rd (Read 5045 times)
teatucker

Welsh with no tail

car at park ave and farley rd
05/16/10 at 11:52am

police already called.
I passed a car that was parked on the side of the road at Park Ave and Farley Road. It was to say "out of place" and had three (maybe more) young males in it. They were just sitting there looking around and looking very suspicious. This is close to Shades Crest where there was a break in recently I think. The car was dark in color and rather beat up old looking. Be on the look out. i made a circle and they were still there. Maybe nothings but who knows they may be watching houses to see who is home and when.

« Last Edit: 05/16/10 at 2:57pm by teatucker »  
  IP Logged
nickel4al

I Love Bluff Park!

Re: car at park ave and farley rd
Reply #1 - 05/17/10 at 9:32am

Was this a dark blue Buick, with 3 or 4 black males in it?  If so I saw the same one, but it was Friday afternoon.  I called the police also.  They were pulling into driveways and sitting for a minute then driving down the road and going to other houses.

stangviperred   IP Logged
teatucker

Welsh with no tail

Reply #2 - 05/17/10 at 7:00pm

Quote from nickel4al on 05/17/10 at 9:32am:
Was this a dark blue Buick, with 3 or 4 black males in it?  If so I saw the same one, but it was Friday afternoon.  I called the police also.  They were pulling into driveways and sitting for a minute then driving down the road and going to other houses.

Nickel4al

That sounds the same. Yes it was 3 or 4 black males and they were just sitting at the end of the street. It could have been blue or black. Not sure of the type of car but it was a sedan and an old beat up one at that. They were pulled over at the side of the street just before the stop sign. When I drove past them again they started the car and moved going in the direction of shades crest and then turned around and left.

IP Logged
teatucker

Welsh with no tail

Reply #3 - 05/17/10 at 7:05pm

The neighbors in the Park/Farley area need to be made aware before something happens.
suggestions? besides reporting to the police.. we have already done that.

IP Logged
nickel4al

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #4 - 05/18/10 at 10:00am

I think a lot of it is just people being observant.  Anytime anyone sees anything out of place the police should be called.  If nothing else, a police officer looks around, finds nothing.  They have said they would rather be called than not.  

Also, we should try to get neighborhood watches set up.  There are tons of people that are home during the day, whether they work or are retired.  These could be the strong holds during the day since most people probably scout out for places to rob in the daylight hours!  Maybe at the next festival that goes on there could be a booth about signing up for neighborhood watches and setting up an email tree or something.

stangviperred   IP Logged
fl350
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #5 - 05/18/10 at 11:58am

I passed the same car yesterday around 5 PM heading down Chapel towards 31.  The car is an old, dark blue sedan if it is the same one.  There were 2 maybe 3 black males in the car.

IP Logged
Bluff Park Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #6 - 05/18/10 at 3:15pm

Quote from nickel4al on 05/18/10 at 10:00am:
I think a lot of it is just people being observant.  Anytime anyone sees anything out of place the police should be called.  If nothing else, a police officer looks around, finds nothing.  They have said they would rather be called than not.  

Case in point from Tuscaloosa:

http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/article/20100518/NEWS/100519470/1007?p=1&tc=pg

(link courtesy of Hoover PD)

Quote:
Also, we should try to get neighborhood watches set up.  There are tons of people that are home during the day, whether they work or are retired.  These could be the strong holds during the day since most people probably scout out for places to rob in the daylight hours!  Maybe at the next festival that goes on there could be a booth about signing up for neighborhood watches and setting up an email tree or something.

Great idea.  Here's a link to get started until then:  http://www.bluffparkal.org/neighborhood_watch.htm

The Administrator.
Email WWW   IP Logged
teatucker

Welsh with no tail

Reply #7 - 05/18/10 at 8:25pm

I am interested in a Neighborhood Watch.

We need to get a photo of this car or better yet a tag number!
I am letting all my close neighbors know tomorrow about this car.

Is there a way we can get confirmation from the police on how many reports of this car there have been in the Farly/Chapel/Park area?

IP Logged
BluffParkWriter
Global Moderator

I Love sugar cookies
with splenda

Reply #8 - 05/19/10 at 12:20pm

After reading this we told our mail man today. He said he had not seen the car today but would keep an eye out in the afternoons.
I would also put out there that the car may be the "look out" or just the ones casing the streets and then another crew comes or same people in different car. I would just advise to look for any car or persons who are hanging around.

Email WWW   IP Logged
_anonymous_
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #9 - 06/06/10 at 12:18pm

PLEASE get the tag number if  at all possible! the bluff park beat goes all the way to hwy 31, a cop could be as far as the old Golbro when you call something in. there is a very good chance they will not get to the area before the suspicious person/vehicle leaves. the tag number will allow detectives to follow up on the registered owner of the car, and anyone who has been issued a citation in that car(thank you ag king for LETS!) most cellphones have cameras now. use them. my buddy has an I-phone that takes videos. it would be very helpfull to detectives in identifying people. Thank you for being aware and vigilant.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

godaddy stats

All Content ©2006-2014 BluffParkAl.org - All Rights Reserved - Site Designed and Hosted by PC Medics of Alabama/An RFS Enterprises Company