"For, About and By Bluff Park, Alabama"

Home Neighborhood Updates Bluff Park Information Bluff Park Businesses About and Contact Neighborhood Watch Bluff Park Forum Community Billboard Op/Ed (Coming Soon) Heather's Corner

Spread the word!  Like us on Facebook:  

Follow us on Twitter

Get the Book "Images of America: Hoover" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs   

Get the Book "Images of America: Bluff Park" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs

Check out the Event Calendar for "Images of America: Bluff Park" and "Images of America: Hoover"

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Welcome to the Bluff Park, Alabama Forum
05/21/24 at 2:32pm
News: Welcome to BluffParkAL.org, serving as THE Bluff Park Neighborhood Web Site since 2006
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Door-to-Door "Fireman" (Read 934 times)
bpresident
Global Moderator

I Love Bluff Park!

Door-to-Door "Fireman"
11/20/10 at 9:46pm

We just had a guy come to our door shortly before 9pm dressed in a fireman uniform.  His cap read "Rocky Ridge Fire Deparment" and he was collecting money.  He then went to our neighbor's house, who is a fireman, and he seemed to know a lot of firemen.  One little problem.  He's not a fireman, at least not according to Rocky Ridge Fire Department.

When he left our neighbor's house I told him that it was a little late to solicit.  He explained that he was going to stop at 9pm.  I then explained to him that we really don't allow soliciting on our street.  He replied that he "served and protected" our street.  I told him that Hoover FD protected us, and he said that he also worked for Hoover (keep in mind, he's wearing a uniform with a badge).  I asked him what station.  He said Station 5.  I asked him where Station 5 was.  He told me I could look it up.  I told him I knew where Station 5 was, I wanted to know if he knew.  He wouldn't answer.  I asked him to leave the street.  He pulled out his walkie talkie and left.

I called the neighbor up and they seemed to think he was legit, but that he was with Hoover FD, not Rocky Ridge (that's what he had told them).

I then called Rocky Ridge FD and asked if they were fundraising in Hoover.  They connected me with their captain and he said that they had no fundraising activities going on, certainly not in Bluff Park or going door-to-door.  

After hanging up with Rocky Ridge, I called Hoover FD Station 5 (Bluff Park) and asked them the same question.  They did not have anyone fundraising and urged me to call Hoover PD, which I did.  I noticed a few minutes ago that HPD had a Tahoe driving up and down our neighborhood.

Here's what the guy looks like:  white male, about 5'8", 135 lbs., facial hair, green (?) uniform with badge (it was dark so I'm not sure about the color), blue baseball cap with Rocky Ridge Fire Department embroidered in it.  He was carrying a 2 way radio and the person on the other end was communicating with him.  He was very knowledgeable about personnel at Rocky Ridge FD, based on his conversation with our neighbor.  The person at Rocky Ridge FD said that they had a lot of volunteers come through, which is how he may have the uniform.

Hoover PD would like to be called if you see him.  Their number is 822-5300.  And don't give him any money.  He was last seen on Rushmore Way heading towards Park Avenue from Albemarle Drive.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

godaddy stats

All Content ©2006-2014 BluffParkAl.org - All Rights Reserved - Site Designed and Hosted by PC Medics of Alabama/An RFS Enterprises Company