"For, About and By Bluff Park, Alabama"

Home Neighborhood Updates Bluff Park Information Bluff Park Businesses About and Contact Neighborhood Watch Bluff Park Forum Community Billboard Op/Ed (Coming Soon) Heather's Corner

Spread the word!  Like us on Facebook:  

Follow us on Twitter

Get the Book "Images of America: Hoover" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs   

Get the Book "Images of America: Bluff Park" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs

Check out the Event Calendar for "Images of America: Bluff Park" and "Images of America: Hoover"

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Welcome to the Bluff Park, Alabama Forum
05/17/24 at 12:50pm
News: Welcome to BluffParkAL.org, serving as THE Bluff Park Neighborhood Web Site since 2006
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Drinking establishment (Read 11515 times)
teeechur
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Drinking establishment
12/04/11 at 8:25pm

Wouldn't it be nice if there was a local watering hole where one could have a cold beer and a sandwich or pizza?  Maybe a place where one could sit outside and take in the view.  Is Bluff Park ready for such a place???  I think that such an establishment would go a long way in making Bluff Park a vibrant and dynamic place.  

Email   IP Logged
JBH
YaBB Moderator

I Love Bluff Park!

Re: Drinking establishment
Reply #1 - 12/04/11 at 9:07pm

Sounds like fun...imagine having a deck or patio overlooking the bluff to sit out and have a couple of beers with friends...that would be so great!!

IP Logged
teeechur
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #2 - 12/04/11 at 9:25pm

None of the shopping areas in Bluff Park seem to have any sort of place where people can gather after work or on weekends.  Homewood's got it...Vestavia Hills has it.  Even Crestwood, who's homes are much more modest than what we have here, has Crestwood Coffee that seems to serve as a hub for that community.  It wouldn't have to be anything fancy...just something that would reflect the eclectic lifestyle that seems the exist here.

Email   IP Logged
teatucker

Welsh with no tail

Reply #3 - 12/06/11 at 1:08pm

I think a place like "The Boot" that is over in The Preserve would be good. Its an upscale pub/food and bar type of place. The problem with having a place that serves alcohol is that it has to meet an ordnance and I want to say its like so many odd feet away from a school or something like that. It was mentioned in one of the Moonlight on the Mtn threads because they were having the same issue. If I can find where it was posted on here I will repost it.

IP Logged
Forolemiss

Keep BP Beautiful

Reply #4 - 12/19/11 at 8:14am

Wife and I went to the Boot and it was pretty nice.  Food and drinks were good and everything was reasonably priced.

IP Logged
bluffparkdmd
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #5 - 01/23/12 at 2:23pm

http://bluffparkal.org/bpforum/YaBB.pl?num=1257518856/

I found the above post from a few years back concerning Moonlight on the Mountain(which I hope more people are supporting now that word is out about it's financial struggles...this is an under-appreciated gem for BP I think).

I also feel a "watering-hole" type place could be good for Bluff Park.  Someone mentioned The Boot as a nice example to follow...they close at 9pm most nights, ensuring locals have a place to grab a bite to eat and a drink, while also ensuring it does not become a late-night noisy "club" that clashes with the safe neighborhood atmosphere present in The Preserve.  My wife and I recently moved in to our house on Park, are in our 30's, have a young child, and would enthusiastically support something like this in Bluff Park!

"Only floss the teeth you want to keep!"
  IP Logged
lovebpark
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #6 - 01/23/12 at 5:01pm

My wife and I do like the Boot.  It's the closest and best thing to what's being advocated.  Good food and drinks.

And I'm going to jump out on a limb here and say...it would be great to have an ABC store in one of the shopping centers near Tyler or in the vacant spot by Mr. P's.

IP Logged
teeechur
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #7 - 01/23/12 at 7:50pm

I think a ABC store is a great idea.  I just think that our community is lacking in places where people can gather.  Seems like Tip Top does a great business.  If there were some place where people could go and have a beer after work that it would add to the community.  I think the idea of closing at 9 or so would be good and in keeping with the being a good business neighbor.  Having a place where one could take in the magnificent views would be a real plus.

Email   IP Logged
bluffparkresident
YaBB Newbies

Reply #8 - 01/24/12 at 8:51am

Seems like there used to be an ABC store in the shopping center where the Pig is.  I may be wrong, but it would have been years ago when Western Supermarket was still there.

IP Logged
ht2

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #9 - 01/24/12 at 11:23am

Quote from asbcor on 01/24/12 at 8:51am:
Seems like there used to be an ABC store in the shopping center where the Pig is.  I may be wrong, but it would have been years ago when Western Supermarket was still there.

There was.  ABC was still listed on that shopping center's sign last time I looked.

IP Logged
pekaboo

Reply #10 - 01/24/12 at 6:34pm

I thought the reason why they could not get a drinking establishment was because there was daycare that would be too close to it. Even if it was across the street.

IP Logged
bluffparkdmd
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #11 - 01/25/12 at 3:33pm

anyone know personally the owner of tip-top?  that might be a good place to start.  imagine if they offered a small selection of wine and beer to complement a burger after work...the only problem I can see would be a need for more parking

"Only floss the teeth you want to keep!"
  IP Logged
harvardmba

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #12 - 01/25/12 at 3:58pm

I cannot say for sure but, I would think that serving alcohol at Tip Top or the Diner would only jeapordize his business. Too many people do not want to be around it, myself included.

Email   IP Logged
teeechur
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #13 - 01/25/12 at 7:37pm

Dave's, New York Pizza, Jackson's etc. in Homewood serve beer, wine, and mixed drinks and have tons of kids, families, etc.  It ain't no big deal.  Look at Mugg Shots in Vestavia; it's usually packed.  They sell alcohol with food.  At no time have I ever seen anyone intoxicated at any of those places.  I respect your decision not to drink and I don't think you should if you don't want to, but I believe there is a large segment of Bluff Park that would like such a place. It would be a big step at moving Bluff Park forward.

Email   IP Logged
harvardmba

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #14 - 01/26/12 at 6:51am

I have to go back to a question I heard on Rick&Bubba several years ago -  tell me how Alcohol has had a positive influence on your life?

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

godaddy stats

All Content ©2006-2014 BluffParkAl.org - All Rights Reserved - Site Designed and Hosted by PC Medics of Alabama/An RFS Enterprises Company