"For, About and By Bluff Park, Alabama"

Home Neighborhood Updates Bluff Park Information Bluff Park Businesses About and Contact Neighborhood Watch Bluff Park Forum Community Billboard Op/Ed (Coming Soon) Heather's Corner

Spread the word!  Like us on Facebook:  

Follow us on Twitter

Get the Book "Images of America: Hoover" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs   

Get the Book "Images of America: Bluff Park" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs

Check out the Event Calendar for "Images of America: Bluff Park" and "Images of America: Hoover"

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Welcome to the Bluff Park, Alabama Forum
05/02/24 at 5:05pm
News: Welcome to BluffParkAL.org, serving as THE Bluff Park Neighborhood Web Site since 2006
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
mysterious helicopter (Read 4070 times)
teeechur
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

mysterious helicopter
02/27/13 at 8:55pm

Anyone know why an unmarked helicopter was hovering over the 800's - 900's of Shades Crest Road today?  Several people were out looking but no one knew why.

Email   IP Logged
Bluff Park Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Re: mysterious helicopter
Reply #1 - 02/27/13 at 10:15pm

Quote from teeechur on 02/27/13 at 8:55pm:
Anyone know why an unmarked helicopter was hovering over the 800's - 900's of Shades Crest Road today?  Several people were out looking but no one knew why.

There was a helicopter doing the same thing on 12/5/12 at around 2:24 pm.  He hovered over BP Methodist Church for a while on that date, then moved over to Alford, then to Tyler.  He's was about 500' above the ground for about 10 minutes.  I was able to get some good pictures of him.  My guess is that he might be with Alabama Power Co. checking on some of the lines near Tyler, but that's strictly a guess.

The Administrator.
Email WWW   IP Logged
argman99
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #2 - 04/08/13 at 12:41pm

I know I'm late getting to this but I believe this was one of the helicopters they use to photograph overhead and birdseye views for things like Bing and Google maps.  They were hovering over Green Springs the Thursday Feb. 28th.

IP Logged
teeechur
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #3 - 04/08/13 at 8:02pm

Hope he wasn't taking pictures of my back yard; it's a mess.

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

godaddy stats

All Content ©2006-2014 BluffParkAl.org - All Rights Reserved - Site Designed and Hosted by PC Medics of Alabama/An RFS Enterprises Company