"For, About and By Bluff Park, Alabama"

Home Neighborhood Updates Bluff Park Information Bluff Park Businesses About and Contact Neighborhood Watch Bluff Park Forum Community Billboard Op/Ed (Coming Soon) Heather's Corner

Spread the word!  Like us on Facebook:  

Follow us on Twitter

Get the Book "Images of America: Hoover" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs   

Get the Book "Images of America: Bluff Park" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs

Check out the Event Calendar for "Images of America: Bluff Park" and "Images of America: Hoover"

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Welcome to the Bluff Park, Alabama Forum
04/30/24 at 5:27pm
News: Welcome to BluffParkAL.org, serving as THE Bluff Park Neighborhood Web Site since 2006
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Car break in- AGAIN!! (Read 10147 times)
appleblossom

Groovy!!

Car break in- AGAIN!!
06/04/09 at 9:11am

After the second time you think I would learn.. but I had to unlock my car Tuesday night and just forgot to lock it back.  So, they took AGAIN a Nextel radio, charger and ear plugs from the front seat.  Again, the car was in the driveway about 50 feet from the street.  Our security light was broken and we were in the process of replacing it.   Anyway, be on the alert Turtle Creek Drive.. it's happening again.    Angry

IP Logged
nickel4al

I Love Bluff Park!

Re: Car break in- AGAIN!!
Reply #1 - 06/04/09 at 10:07am

This obviously seems like a local if they are coming back repeatedly Sad

stangviperred   IP Logged
Bluff Park Guy

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #2 - 06/04/09 at 10:52am

A friend of mine had his car broken into last week on Craig Lane. Don't remember exactly what was taken but the car was in the driveway.

IP Logged
appleblossom

Groovy!!

Reply #3 - 06/04/09 at 1:08pm

I think they got a GPS from the house on Craig.  Thank goodness I took mine out.

This makes the second work radio and car charger taken from my car - I leave it in the car so I won't forget it.  Hence locking it would be a plus.  
We have a VERY GOOD IDEA who is doing it, but just can't catch him.   I'm hoping it's just a matter of time because I've had enough.
It was real quiet around our neighborhood for a number of months - then we were told this person was back home - that is when it started - again!

IP Logged
nickel4al

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #4 - 06/04/09 at 1:33pm

Lets see...probably back on Summer Break...maybe you should try to set up a camera and leave some bait out and try to catch the person on video.

stangviperred   IP Logged
appleblossom

Groovy!!

Reply #5 - 06/04/09 at 3:33pm

Quote from nickel4al on 06/04/09 at 1:33pm:
Lets see...probably back on Summer Break...maybe you should try to set up a camera and leave some bait out and try to catch the person on video.  

Summer Break - Try parole!

A plan is in the works.

IP Logged
harvardmba

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #6 - 06/05/09 at 7:32am

you may want to consider purchasing a camera that hunters use to watch game trails. You can put it up where it can't be reached and it will capture all movement in the area you are monitoring. They are a little pricey but, if it works, well worth the investment.

Email   IP Logged
appleblossom

Groovy!!

Re: GOT ON TAPE!!!
Reply #7 - 06/06/09 at 5:47am

Thanks for the advise harvardmba, but we have security camera and the whole deal.  AND WE GOT HIM ON TAPE!!!!!!!!!!   It took us over 2 hours last nite to set up the camera & lighting ....at 1:38 am this morning I was awaken by my son yelling WE GOT THE LITTLE "%^&()(_+" !!  My son almost caught him - he was running down the driveway as my son was opening up the basement door.  He watched him run up the street  to his house as he dialed 911.  Officer said we can't do anything until Monday, but a warrant will be issued after a detective looks at the tape and the "^&)&*)(_" will be arrested.  It is exactly who I thought it was - anyone that lives on Turtle Creek is familar with who I'm talking about ...(very short guy that lives in the 400 block in a duplex) Yep!! that's who I have on tape.  After I give the tape to the detectives Monday.. I'm posting the video on YouTube and we can all enjoy what I saw.  I'm sure he will be back tonight so we are going to try and "catch" him in the act.  But, until Monday.. keep your eyes open and lock those cars.  He makes his rounds between 12:30 am and 2:30 am.  

« Last Edit: 08/02/09 at 4:20am by appleblossom »  
  IP Logged
JBH
YaBB Moderator

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #8 - 06/06/09 at 6:12am

Thanks for being so diligent!

IP Logged
PharmD
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 06/06/09 at 1:39pm

appleblossom-  how did maggie and maverick miss all this.....as you know they usually bark at everything!!!  Glad you got him!  Your next door neighbor!

IP Logged
appleblossom

Groovy!!

Reply #10 - 06/06/09 at 3:34pm

Quote from PharmD on 06/06/09 at 1:39pm:
appleblossom-  how did maggie and maverick miss all this.....as you know they usually bark at everything!!!  Glad you got him!  Your next door neighbor!

Not sure how anyone missed it... Son was yelling loud enough to wake the neighborhood & walked up and down the street with a flashlight before the Police showed up.  
Actually  he  was very quiet and came across your yard just before our driveway ,walked on the edge of the driveway then went between ours cars.  The camera has sound and there wasn't any.. he even opened and shut my car door very softly.
We have been burning DVD's this afternoon and will give you one after Detectives get VCR tape Monday.  

check your PM

IP Logged
JBH
YaBB Moderator

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #11 - 06/10/09 at 2:33pm

So, anything on youtube yet?

How are things going?

IP Logged
apugh77
YaBB Newbies

A HOME WITHOUT A
GOLDEN IS JUST A
HOUSE

Reply #12 - 06/10/09 at 3:01pm

THIS IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AWESOME...GOOD FOR YOU!!!!  CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE VIDEO!!! Wink

IP Logged
appleblossom

Groovy!!

Reply #13 - 06/10/09 at 9:37pm

Update..
He was arrested this afternoon and will be held in the Hoover Jail then sent to Jefferson County Jail to night.  Smiley

I have not posted the video as of yet.  I have requested advise from several people on posting it and we all feel right now is not the time.  I do not want anything to cause this guy to get released because of something I did wilth out thinking it through.   BUT, as soon as we've had our day in court - It will be out there for everyone to see.  
Will keep you posted.  

Everyone can take a deep breath tonight... but still keep those car doors locked.  

IP Logged
RockviewResident

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #14 - 06/11/09 at 2:43pm

That is fantastic news.  One more criminal off the streets.  Great job!!!

War Eagle!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

godaddy stats

All Content ©2006-2014 BluffParkAl.org - All Rights Reserved - Site Designed and Hosted by PC Medics of Alabama/An RFS Enterprises Company