"For, About and By Bluff Park, Alabama"

Home Neighborhood Updates Bluff Park Information Bluff Park Businesses About and Contact Neighborhood Watch Bluff Park Forum Community Billboard Op/Ed (Coming Soon) Heather's Corner

Spread the word!  Like us on Facebook:  

Follow us on Twitter

Get the Book "Images of America: Hoover" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs   

Get the Book "Images of America: Bluff Park" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs

Check out the Event Calendar for "Images of America: Bluff Park" and "Images of America: Hoover"

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Welcome to the Bluff Park, Alabama Forum
05/01/24 at 2:32am
News: Welcome to BluffParkAL.org, serving as THE Bluff Park Neighborhood Web Site since 2006
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Car break in- AGAIN!! (Read 10152 times)
Bluff Park Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Re: Car break in- AGAIN!!
Reply #15 - 06/11/09 at 10:46pm

At this time Hoover PD has suggested that members refrain from posting anything about the perpetrator until the case has been adjudicated.  Thanks.

The Administrator.
Email WWW   IP Logged
Bamafan501
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #16 - 06/12/09 at 4:17pm

Well since I obviously not allowed to post anything about the perp in the case per the hoover pd.  If anybody would like to see a picture of the offender go to the jefferson county sheriff's office website and look at the inmate listing and the suspect is on the list.  You will know who he is.

Email   IP Logged
Bamafan501
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #17 - 06/12/09 at 4:18pm

Quote from Bamafan501 on 06/12/09 at 4:17pm:
Well since I obviously not allowed to post anything about the perp in the case per the hoover pd.  If anybody would like to see a picture of the offender go to the jefferson county sheriff's office website and look at the inmate listing and the suspect is on the list.  You will know who he is.

I would like to add that me posting a link to this guys picture will not harm the case in anyway what so ever.  And may actually add to the case if somebody recognizes this guy it may lead to more charges for more crimes.  But hey if thats what you think the hoover pd meant, then so be it.

Email   IP Logged
RockviewResident

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #18 - 06/15/09 at 8:30am

I went to the Sheriff's office website but was unable to find the picture, can you point me in the right direction?

War Eagle!
  IP Logged
Bluff Park Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #19 - 06/15/09 at 12:34pm

Quote from Bamafan501 on 06/12/09 at 4:18pm:
Quote from Bamafan501 on 06/12/09 at 4:17pm:

I would like to add that me posting a link to this guys picture will not harm the case in anyway what so ever.  And may actually add to the case if somebody recognizes this guy it may lead to more charges for more crimes.  But hey if thats what you think the hoover pd meant, then so be it.

I suppose an explanation is in order:

In the United States we have a criminal justice system that works with the belief that the individual who has been arrested is innocent until proven guilty ("the presumption of innocence").

If you post a link to his picture and say "this is the guy who broke into the car" you are setting the BluffParkAl.org web site up for a nice law suit as you are implying that the person is guilty of breaking and entering, a felony.  We don't have the funds to defend a law suit.  I am aware of the overwhelming evidence in the case.  In the eyes of the law, he's still innocent until proven guilty by a court of law, not a bunch of residents of a community.  This is why the news stations always call the perpetrator a "suspect" and refer to the crime as the "alleged crime".  They are just covering themselves.  We want to cover ourselves.

Now, if you would like to post a link to the JeffCo Sheriff's Office site and add the words "This is the suspect in the alleged car break in" we have no problem with that, as you are posting what is public information.  You just can't post "This is the creep that broke into the car".  Apples and oranges.  Night and day.

I hope this clears things up.  The video, on the other hand, won't be able to be posted on this site as it is evidence in the case.

The Administrator.
Email WWW   IP Logged
bigiron
Ex Member

Reply #20 - 07/03/09 at 6:36am

o.k., now that it has been a while since this occured and, since the suspect has been arrested, does anybody know how long it will take for him to go through the legal system to determine guilt or innocense? Is he still locked away? How does this all play out from this point? It would be nice to know that Bluff Park is rid of a criminal once and for all.

IP Logged
appleblossom

Groovy!!

Reply #21 - 07/05/09 at 9:25am

Quote from bigiron on 07/03/09 at 6:36am:
o.k., now that it has been a while since this occured and, since the suspect has been arrested, does anybody know how long it will take for him to go through the legal system to determine guilt or innocense? Is he still locked away? How does this all play out from this point? It would be nice to know that Bluff Park is rid of a criminal once and for all.

He is still in jail-waiting on a court date.

IP Logged
Recap

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #22 - 07/08/09 at 9:42am

The following is great information floating around the Internet that I thought was very appropriate to this topic and worth sharing.

Put your car keys beside your bed at night!

Tell your spouse, your children, your neighbors, your parents, your Dr's office, the check-out girl at the market, everyone you run across.  Put your car keys beside your bed at night.  

If you hear a noise outside your home or someone trying to get in your car or house, just press the panic button for your car. The alarm will be set off, and the horn will continue to sound until either you turn it off or the car battery dies.  This tip came from a neighborhood watch coordinator.

Next time you come home for the night and you start to put your keys away, think of this.  It's a security alarm system that you probably already have and requires no installation. Test it.  It will go off from most everywhere inside your house and will keep honking until your battery runs down or until you reset it.  It works if you park in your driveway or garage.  If your car alarm goes off when someone is trying to break into your car or house, odds are the burglar/rapist won't stick around.  

After a few seconds all the neighbors will be looking out their windows to see who is out there and sure enough the criminal won't want that.  And remember to carry your keys while walking to your car in a parking lot.  The alarm can work the same way there.  This is something that should really be shared with everyone.  Maybe it could save a life or a sexual abuse crime.  

It would also be useful for any emergency, such as a heart attack, where you can't reach a phone.  Carry your car keys with you in case you fall inside or outside and no one can hear you.  You can activate the car alarm and then someone will know there's a problem.    

IP Logged
Matt and Amanda
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #23 - 07/08/09 at 11:11am

Rockview - Go to the site. Find the 4 or 5 inmates with a 35226 zip code. Narrow that down to the one who was arrested on the date this was posted.  

IP Logged
JBH
YaBB Moderator

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #24 - 07/09/09 at 3:56pm

How about a general link to the sheriff's website?

IP Logged
Bamafan501
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #25 - 07/09/09 at 8:34pm

Quote from JBH on 07/09/09 at 3:56pm:
How about a general link to the sheriff's website?

How about google is your friend.

Email   IP Logged
appleblossom

Groovy!!

Reply #26 - 07/30/09 at 8:43am

The man that got in my car .. has been sentenced to 1 year and a day on July 27th.  He pleaded guilty to all charges so I didn't have to appear in court.  His name is Thomas Becket McGlawn and lives at 491 Turtle Creek Drive.  I do not know as of right now if any of the things he took will be returned, but I have talked to the DA's office about it and they are to let me know.  

I promised the video and will post it on a site everyone can view. I hope to have it on a link by this weekend. I'm not real good with this internet stuff so I have to grab some time from my son to assist.

Smiley Smiley  Everyone have a good day!!

IP Logged
BluffParkWriter
Global Moderator

I Love sugar cookies
with splenda

Reply #27 - 08/01/09 at 1:24am

an excellent catch and smart moves!!

Email WWW   IP Logged
appleblossom

Groovy!!

Video on YouTube/ Car Break in
Reply #28 - 08/01/09 at 10:16am

As promised... without the assistance of my son.. I finally figured out how to do it.   HOPE, it works.
go to Youtube/  type in  BPthiefofproperty 0001  make sure there is a space between the Y add 0 and BP is capital.  

Keep your fingers crossed!!!  I'd hate to try and redo it.   Grin

IP Logged
Bamafan501
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #29 - 08/01/09 at 4:07pm

Just out of curiosity was your car door locked?

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

godaddy stats

All Content ©2006-2014 BluffParkAl.org - All Rights Reserved - Site Designed and Hosted by PC Medics of Alabama/An RFS Enterprises Company