"For, About and By Bluff Park, Alabama"

Home Neighborhood Updates Bluff Park Information Bluff Park Businesses About and Contact Neighborhood Watch Bluff Park Forum Community Billboard Op/Ed (Coming Soon) Heather's Corner

Spread the word!  Like us on Facebook:  

Follow us on Twitter

Get the Book "Images of America: Hoover" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs   

Get the Book "Images of America: Bluff Park" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs

Check out the Event Calendar for "Images of America: Bluff Park" and "Images of America: Hoover"

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Welcome to the Bluff Park, Alabama Forum
05/08/24 at 12:27pm
News: Welcome to BluffParkAL.org, serving as THE Bluff Park Neighborhood Web Site since 2006
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Moonlight Music Cafe opening in Bluff Park (Read 37713 times)
pekaboo

Re: Moonlight Music Cafe opening in Bluff Park
Reply #30 - 01/05/10 at 7:48pm

you would think with young people living in the apartments and families who cann't afford parts of homewood, vestavia and mountain brook, that enough people would not mind having a pub. I don't think its neccesarily the age factor but the conservative vs liberal.

IP Logged
CG4
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #31 - 01/06/10 at 11:31am

Didn't the Lover's Leap Cafe have a BYOB policy?  

IP Logged
jennmccown

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #32 - 01/14/10 at 12:03pm

Would y'all check out my post under the Places to Eat Forum....it relates to this issue.  I don't know how to do a link to it!  Smiley  

Thanks!!

IP Logged
jennmccown

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #33 - 01/14/10 at 8:30pm

Lover's Leap Cafe...now THAT is an interesting memory....someone should delve into the newspapers and dig up articles about the fire that destroyed the cafe and the woman in her bathrobe outside yelling BURN BURN..... The problem with this issue is the mentality and FEAR - FEAR of change, of losing control, etc.  

Let's move this neighborhood into the 21st century and stay out of the prohibition era. I'm opening a Bistro!!! Wink

IP Logged
teatucker

Welsh with no tail

Reply #34 - 01/16/10 at 1:09pm

Quote from jennmccown on 01/14/10 at 8:30pm:
Lover's Leap Cafe...now THAT is an interesting memory....someone should delve into the newspapers and dig up articles about the fire that destroyed the cafe and the woman in her bathrobe outside yelling BURN BURN..... The problem with this issue is the mentality and FEAR - FEAR of change, of losing control, etc.  

Let's move this neighborhood into the 21st century and stay out of the prohibition era. I'm opening a Bistro!!! Wink

I remember all that, I was here. There was a lot in the paper about it also.  big mess. Better place now that it is rebuilt.  

If you open a Bistro I will be the first in the door!!  

IP Logged
ChapmanJames
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #35 - 01/18/10 at 3:06pm

I have played at the old Moonlight Music Cafe several times and I can attest that it is was fabulous listening room venue with none of the distractions most people think of when they hear 'Live Music Venue'. Keith invites many genres to play: Folk, Country, Gospel, Rhythm and Blues... there is something for everyone. The performances start early and are usually done before 10PM. No liquor and I believe in the new location there will be no food nor beverages on sale either... just original music for those that love it. Keith's location will also expose the retailers in the community to many enthusiasts that wouldn't hitherto even be aware of their cozy establishments. The Vestavia location wasn't intimate enough for Keith's vision of a listening room and so he closed it mostly because the clientele did not care for the over commercialized area near the Rave on 31. I live very near the prospective location and am looking forward to having it as part of our charming community. I believe it is an artistic outlet of which we will grow proud here on the Bluff.

Chapman James
http://chapmanjames.wikispaces.com/

Email   IP Logged
Moonlight
YaBB Newbies

Better times are
coming--

Reply #36 - 01/29/10 at 2:19pm

Thanks, Chap--- we can't wait to get rolling up there on the hilltop so you can come in regular and help us be THE place for area and traveling songwriters. I haven't posted any word recently on the progress up there, because it's moving about as fast as national health care reform--- this is just to let everyone know that the architect's drawings are complete, and we are hoping to begin the few modifications called for any day now, soon as Hoover signs off on the plans. Still hoping to be open March 1st, but this is a weird world, so who knows what might happen
tomorrow or the next day---

Again, I wish I could plan to serve alcohol at that location, but if you'll scroll up and re-read the reasons why that's not gonna happen--- too much money has to be spent at the front end, and too many locals are against the agenda to hope for it to be successful--- but remember that you will be able to bring your own little snackies and beverages
to the performances, and that means less money out of pocket for a very special night out.

Go to the Moonlight website, and add your name to the email list so I can keep you advised of the schedule:

www.moonlightonthemtn.com

Thanks for your interest and support!

keith

Email   IP Logged
friendofbp

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #37 - 02/04/10 at 6:07pm

I am finally just getting around to posting, sorry about that!
What a great idea for any community, but how WONDERFUL
that it will be in our own back yard!

It kinda sounds like it could be a Blue Bird Cafe in the making!

GREAT idea!

Thank you!

IP Logged
sweethome2
Ex Member

Reply #38 - 02/06/10 at 2:51pm

Moonlight, please check the pm that I sent.

IP Logged
Bluff Park Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #39 - 03/13/10 at 8:14am

The Administrator.
Email WWW   IP Logged
Moonlight
YaBB Newbies

Better times are
coming--

Reply #40 - 04/15/10 at 10:25am

Finally--  Moonlight is now open for music, with a schedule of upcoming concerts posted on our website--->

As I said before, this is not so much a business as a social experiment--- I'm hoping that the community will embrace the concept of a place to gather and enjoy cultural activities of many kinds, it's up to you to decide the direction it will take. Of course, the overhead must be paid, and to that end, the room is available for very reasonable rent to anyone who would like to use it for a family, social, or corporate gathering.
Come by, see what it looks like, and contact me with your ideas--- in the meantime, I'll be scheduling the best original acoustic musicians for evening concerts, so you'll have a low-cost, casual place to go for entertainment... right in your own neighborhood.

Come on in, and let me meet you!  

keith harrelson

Email   IP Logged
teatucker

Welsh with no tail

Reply #41 - 04/16/10 at 10:49pm

Saw the big sign in the window tonight as I drove home!
Looks great! could not stop but plan on attending.
I think this is something new and great for our area.

IP Logged
Moonlight
YaBB Newbies

Better times are
coming--

Reply #42 - 05/12/10 at 12:52pm

We gotta keep blowing the trumpet---- WE ARE OPEN AND HAVING CONCERTS---- also need to get people thinking about having their private events here--
got room for 85 seated, well-suited for evening affairs such as meetings, receptions, presentations, celebrations, etc.
Admission charged for our music events supports the artists, we are looking for other ways to cover our overhead, and to serve the neighborhood community... come see the space, reach us through the email and phone number on the website:
and help us get our roots planted here on this unique hilltop. Thanks!

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

godaddy stats

All Content ©2006-2014 BluffParkAl.org - All Rights Reserved - Site Designed and Hosted by PC Medics of Alabama/An RFS Enterprises Company