"For, About and By Bluff Park, Alabama"

Home Neighborhood Updates Bluff Park Information Bluff Park Businesses About and Contact Neighborhood Watch Bluff Park Forum Community Billboard Op/Ed (Coming Soon) Heather's Corner

Spread the word!  Like us on Facebook:  

Follow us on Twitter

Get the Book "Images of America: Hoover" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs   

Get the Book "Images of America: Bluff Park" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs

Check out the Event Calendar for "Images of America: Bluff Park" and "Images of America: Hoover"

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Welcome to the Bluff Park, Alabama Forum
05/17/24 at 10:10am
News: Welcome to BluffParkAL.org, serving as THE Bluff Park Neighborhood Web Site since 2006
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print
Local Maroon Jeep (Read 27290 times)
rolling stone
YaBB Newbies

I like Bluff Park...

Local Maroon Jeep
02/05/10 at 6:20pm

there is a young man that drives a maroon jeep cherokee that is about to kill someone with his driving antics.  the vehicle is as i said, dark maroon jeep cherokee, blacked out windows, front grill missing, NO LICENSE PLATE and a really nasty teenager behind the wheel.  he drives through our neighborhoods, Cambo Lane, Farley, Chapel, Shades Crest, etc., at excessive speeds, wreckless driving, and with just a lack of any civility for any person, property or animal.  the kid lives at 2300 Cambo Lane.  it's at the corner of Cambo Lane and Farley.  when it was working, he was driving a bright blue Honda CRX with a tail fin.  i understand he has blown that engine.  in my opinion, this young man should not be allowed to have a license to drive and has way too much attitude.  Please be careful walking anywhere in the area from the Pioneer day care all over the area to Shelterwood.  this kid needs a wake up call, but has eluded police so far.  Keep alert.

IP Logged
fl350
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Re: Local Maroon Jeep
Reply #1 - 02/05/10 at 9:56pm

I sent you a PM

IP Logged
rolling stone
YaBB Newbies

I like Bluff Park...

Reply #2 - 02/05/10 at 10:49pm

you have apm from me too.

IP Logged
teatucker

Welsh with no tail

Reply #3 - 02/05/10 at 11:52pm

seen him too

IP Logged
fl350
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #4 - 02/06/10 at 8:50am

Newfie_mom,

You should have a message across a blue bar near the top of the screen that says "Hey, newfie_mom, you have 1 message, 1 are new".  Click on "1 message"  It shows in our box that it was sent.

IP Logged
rolling stone
YaBB Newbies

I like Bluff Park...

Reply #5 - 02/06/10 at 1:36pm

i would like to see all of us keep him on the hot seat.  the policeman i talked with said that they are so frustrated with him.  they have been to his house and have even called his mother to come home from work to talk with her.  obviously he is out of control and likes it that way.  he has a Hoover High School hanger in the big yellow van/truck thing for school.  and yes he was the same little smart azz that rode that motorcycle screaming through our streets.  if you go down Farley, he is the one that trenched the yard on the corner.  i love our neighborhood, i love seeing folks walking and chat with them if i'm out.  i am very concerned about all of the kids that are riding their bikes in our area just being kids.  he makes it a point to rev his engine when he comes down my street - he knows he's pushing our button.  i don't have a real solution for this, but my threshold has just about been reached.

IP Logged
fl350
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #6 - 02/06/10 at 1:56pm

DITTO to all of the above!!  

I have to say, I have rarely ever seen anyone who resembled an adult at that house.

IP Logged
fl350
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #7 - 02/06/10 at 2:11pm

More thoughts...

1. Isn't there a city ordinance against parking vehicles like the yellow truck in your front yard?  That thing never moves.  Who is supposed to enforce that kind of thing.

2. We need to all make a concentrated effort to call the Hoover PD everytime we witness this punk doing anything.  He taunts us everytime he revs his engine in front of our house also.  It is just a matter of time until he hits a pedestrian.  They aren't going to do anything until we complain long and loud enough.

3. If they were interested in catching him they would park a Hoover police officer at the stop sign at the corner of Cambo Dr. and Locke Ln.  He is constantly blowing through it.  I have already seen one accident there.  I guarantee he will be involved in the second.

IP Logged
pekaboo

Reply #8 - 02/07/10 at 7:11am

Is there any way to put speed bumps in the area. If it doesn't cause him to slow down, then maybe his car will get messed up one of these days. I sure hope is mother isn't paying for it, and if he causes insurance rates to go up, he should pay for it. I don't drive down that road, but i would hate for anyone to get hurt.

IP Logged
Bluff Park Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #9 - 02/07/10 at 8:26am

Quote from pekaboo on 02/07/10 at 7:11am:
Is there any way to put speed bumps in the area. If it doesn't cause him to slow down, then maybe his car will get messed up one of these days. I sure hope is mother isn't paying for it, and if he causes insurance rates to go up, he should pay for it. I don't drive down that road, but i would hate for anyone to get hurt.

The city did away with speed bumps several years ago, and won't bring them back.  The reason that I was given is that it could do potential damage to the fire engines when they go over them.

I will be forwarding this thread to both Ofc. Foreman and Capt. Coker and provide their responses once I have received them.

The Administrator.
Email WWW   IP Logged
BPDad
YaBB Newbies

Bluff Park is great!

Reply #10 - 02/08/10 at 8:53am

If Hoover was REALLY serious about the traffic issues in BP they would have patrol cars in the neighborhoods not the main roads/speed traps. Examples: In the curve at Pioneer Day Care where the speed limit drops to 20mph, at Simmons where the speed limit drops to 30mph going downhill, Alford Avenue, In the Pig parking lot catching people going downhill on Clearview, on Sanders where the road dips. They would have caught the idiot that lives on Cambo or the one with no muffler on their car driving like a maniac through BP at midnight for the last two months. Until HPD looks at BP at something other than a revenue generating community our concerns will fall on deaf ears. I support HPD but wish they were more diligent in responding to our concerns.

IP Logged
Another_PSA
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 02/08/10 at 10:16am

Quote from BPDad on 02/08/10 at 8:53am:
If Hoover was REALLY serious about the traffic issues in BP they would have patrol cars in the neighborhoods not the main roads/speed traps. Examples: In the curve at Pioneer Day Care where the speed limit drops to 20mph, at Simmons where the speed limit drops to 30mph going downhill, Alford Avenue, In the Pig parking lot catching people going downhill on Clearview, on Sanders where the road dips. They would have caught the idiot that lives on Cambo or the one with no muffler on their car driving like a maniac through BP at midnight for the last two months. Until HPD looks at BP at something other than a revenue generating community our concerns will fall on deaf ears. I support HPD but wish they were more diligent in responding to our concerns.

You left one out:  coming up from Simmons on Chapel where the speed limit goes from 40 to 25.  I agree with everything else you say. Less BS speed traps and more stop sign runners and violent drivers.

IP Logged
harvardmba

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #12 - 02/08/10 at 5:21pm

BPDad, your concerns will fall on deaf ears with HPD. I have called, sent a letter, and been to HPD in person twice to request more attention to our problems with traffic control issues. to date, I have seen no bonafide evidence that they have, are or will do anything to address our concerns.t is absurd that as much revenue that is generated from our area that we cannot get more Police coverage. I will say this, it is not the fault of the Officers that do cover Bluff Park. They do a great job but they are overloaded and cannot be everywhere in the large area they are expected to cover. As much as I love this location, the day is coming when I move out. It is my belief that this issue will one day lead to the eventual demise of Bluff Park. and it doesn't have to be that way. Angry

Email   IP Logged
friendofbp

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #13 - 02/08/10 at 5:26pm

I live on Rockland and know who you are talking about.
Here is about someone who hit our mailbox and I posted it in traffic violators section.

If we are looking to report traffic violaters and catch people speeding,  
might I suggest that a cop park themself on Rockland Drive?  

If you live on this street, it's a good idea NOT to park on it, and  
especially at night.  

One of our cars was hit IN BROAD day light, a few years ago-  
thank goodness we were at home, outside when it happened.  

About three weeks ago, someone hit our mailbox(at 12AM),  
 we're about 100% sure we know who did it- I saw what happened-  
and then when our neighbor found the  silver Honda CRV's side view mirror  
 in our driveway the next day- he drove around and found  
where they live- he saw the evidence -scratch marks and  
a vehicle missing it's side view  mirror.  

We talked to the police and they said we would have to fill out a form.  
We would if we thought it would change anything.  

We bought a new mailbox, since our was so old and rusty-  
but they got the worse end of it-our mailbox is cemented  
and mounted about a foot down in the ground. It ripped  
the flap off that protects your mail.  

I'd like to think that they didn't think that they knocked it  
over, so they never bothered to say they were sorry....  
I'm sure they are sorry, sorry they tore up their car.  

We are keeping our eyes out for them and we will be  
talking to the police if they so much as speed up our  
street.  

I'm glad that the mailbox was hit-it prevented them from  
tearing through our yard and hitting my car.  

Oh well, that's my .02 !  

Ps. Can I post in the For Sale section- for sale one silver sideview
mirror that goes to a silver Honda CRV... ha-ha.

IP Logged
BPDad
YaBB Newbies

Bluff Park is great!

Reply #14 - 02/08/10 at 6:26pm

Quote from harvardmba on 02/08/10 at 5:21pm:
BPDad, your concerns will fall on deaf ears with HPD. I have called, sent a letter, and been to HPD in person twice to request more attention to our problems with traffic control issues. to date, I have seen no bonafide evidence that they have, are or will do anything to address our concerns.t is absurd that as much revenue that is generated from our area that we cannot get more Police coverage. I will say this, it is not the fault of the Officers that do cover Bluff Park. They do a great job but they are overloaded and cannot be everywhere in the large area they are expected to cover. As much as I love this location, the day is coming when I move out. It is my belief that this issue will one day lead to the eventual demise of Bluff Park. and it doesn't have to be that way. Angry

I respectfully disagree with you about it is not the officers fault. Unless they are told to sit on the speed traps, they can sit ANYWHERE in BP. One of the administrators of this site posted on another thread (the moonlight cafe) about how we as a community vote in larger numbers and have some pull with the city council. I believe that they are sadly mistaken. How long have we complained about the traffic issues? Do the HPD really want us to do their job and police our own neighborhoods while they sit at speed traps? I'm sorry that I work full time and can't sit in my driveway at midnight to get a tag number of a car that you can hear coming and going a half mile away. If the HPD want me to handle the situation, they are not going to like the means in which I do it. Please don't tell me to email Ofc. Foreman. I have to no avail or response. Maybe CPT. Coker can pipe sunshine up our butts again on next months update about how HPD loves BP, but doesn't address our traffic complaints or needs.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print

godaddy stats

All Content ©2006-2014 BluffParkAl.org - All Rights Reserved - Site Designed and Hosted by PC Medics of Alabama/An RFS Enterprises Company