"For, About and By Bluff Park, Alabama"

Home Neighborhood Updates Bluff Park Information Bluff Park Businesses About and Contact Neighborhood Watch Bluff Park Forum Community Billboard Op/Ed (Coming Soon) Heather's Corner

Spread the word!  Like us on Facebook:  

Follow us on Twitter

Get the Book "Images of America: Hoover" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs   

Get the Book "Images of America: Bluff Park" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs

Check out the Event Calendar for "Images of America: Bluff Park" and "Images of America: Hoover"

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Welcome to the Bluff Park, Alabama Forum
05/02/24 at 8:50pm
News: Welcome to BluffParkAL.org, serving as THE Bluff Park Neighborhood Web Site since 2006
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
Road Closure - Valley Street (Read 63347 times)
ht2

I Love Bluff Park!

Re: Road Closure - Valley Street
Reply #45 - 11/22/10 at 1:28pm

There hasn't been much activity lately that I can see.  They put grass down a couple of weeks ago, but still have to put up traffic lights and stripe the roads.  It looks like they still need to put a top layer of asphalt on the road but who knows.  I think we'll be lucky if it's done before the end of the year.

IP Logged
JBH
YaBB Moderator

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #46 - 12/13/10 at 7:23pm

Looks like you may have been right.

IP Logged
harvardmba

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #47 - 01/06/11 at 4:48pm

one more time - any update on this projects completion date? Angry

Email   IP Logged
Bluff Park Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #48 - 01/07/11 at 4:09pm

Quote from harvardmba on 01/06/11 at 4:48pm:
one more time - any update on this projects completion date? Angry

I just got off the phone with Rod Long, who is the engineer for the City of Hoover.  I asked him your question.  His short answer was "We'd like to know also".  

Here's the long answer:  

This entire project is being funded by the Alabama Department of Transportation (DOT).  In November, the city wrote a letter to the DOT asking when the project would be completed.  There has not been an official answer yet.  Techinically the road could be opened, but there are a couple of things missing.  One is the road striping.  Another is a traffic light.  Plus, there will need to be one additional layer of asphalt that will need to be put down in order to avoid flooding.  These three things are holding the project up.  

Mr. Long sounded as frustrated as the rest of us regarding the completion.  It sounded to me that he was just as anxious to have it finished as everyone else (apparently I'm wasn't the only one who has called about this).    

Here's the kicker to the whole thing:  the contractor has until June 2011 to have it completed.  

More information as it becomes available.  

The Administrator.
Email WWW   IP Logged
JBH
YaBB Moderator

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #49 - 01/09/11 at 12:55pm

Maybe he can let us know who the contractor is  Wink

IP Logged
jmc
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #50 - 01/09/11 at 1:56pm

That's exactly what I was thinking - if we all started calling the contractor we might get quicker results!  Tongue

IP Logged
Bluff Park Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #51 - 01/09/11 at 10:26pm

Quote from JBH on 01/09/11 at 12:55pm:
Maybe he can let us know who the contractor is  Wink

I got the impression that the one's who need to be talked to is the DOT.  I think the contractor would like to be finished, just like we would like them to be finished.

The Administrator.
Email WWW   IP Logged
Recap

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #52 - 01/19/11 at 9:17pm

They need to just go ahead and open the road because people are cutting through.  I don't know how they are doing it, but there was a car in front of me this afternoon who went straight thru the barricades onto Fancher instead of turning off Alford at the detour.  When I got around to the Catholic Church on Valley, that car had gotten through somehow somewhere and was in front of Bluff Park UMC.   Going the other way, when I am at the stop sign to turn left onto Alford, I also see cars coming up the curve off Tyler onto the construction part.

IP Logged
ht2

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #53 - 01/20/11 at 8:06pm

Quote from Recap on 01/19/11 at 9:17pm:
They need to just go ahead and open the road because people are cutting through.  I don't know how they are doing it, but there was a car in front of me this afternoon who went straight thru the barricades onto Fancher instead of turning off Alford at the detour.  When I got around to the Catholic Church on Valley, that car had gotten through somehow somewhere and was in front of Bluff Park UMC.   Going the other way, when I am at the stop sign to turn left onto Alford, I also see cars coming up the curve off Tyler onto the construction part.

The barricades are set up/staggered so that the people who live on the section under construction can get through.  Non-residents have been cutting through for months.  

IP Logged
RockviewResident

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #54 - 02/02/11 at 4:37pm

I always cut through.

War Eagle!
  IP Logged
harvardmba

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #55 - 02/02/11 at 5:49pm

why?

Email   IP Logged
lmbolus
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Fancher Drive / Alford Avenue e-mail Brain Davis
Reply #56 - 02/02/11 at 12:31pm

Fellow Bluff Park residents. PLEASE e-mail Brain Davis at:
DavisB@dot.state.al.us about when Fancher Drive et al roads will open again. I am tired of this road being clsoed. If the State gets lots of e-mails maybe they will finally open the road.

Thanks,

-NB

IP Logged
BPLifer 2

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #57 - 02/05/11 at 6:39pm

I don't understand why people are cutting through even though the road isn't open.  I know it's more convenient to do that and it's a pain un the butt to take the detour but what makes people think they are special enough to not have to follow the rules?  Obviously the road is still closed for a reason.  So quit using it!

WWW   IP Logged
bpresident
Global Moderator

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #58 - 02/06/11 at 7:07am

Quote from BPLifer 2 on 02/05/11 at 6:39pm:
I don't understand why people are cutting through even though the road isn't open.  I know it's more convenient to do that and it's a pain un the butt to take the detour but what makes people think they are special enough to not have to follow the rules?  Obviously the road is still closed for a reason.  So quit using it!

I take the detour every day.  It is inconvenient and I do see those that take the closed road.  I've almost been hit twice by people coming out of there.  I'm sure it's the same folks who don't understand the concept of a stop sign in Bluff Park.  To them rules are for others.

From what I heard, HPD is going to put an officer on a motorcycle over there at various times during the day.  If you don't live there, you get a ticket.  No warnings. At $135 per ticket, that should rack up some revenue.

IP Logged
BPLifer 2

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #59 - 02/06/11 at 10:28am

Good!  I'm glad to hear that they are going to try and do something.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print

godaddy stats

All Content ©2006-2014 BluffParkAl.org - All Rights Reserved - Site Designed and Hosted by PC Medics of Alabama/An RFS Enterprises Company