"For, About and By Bluff Park, Alabama"

Home Neighborhood Updates Bluff Park Information Bluff Park Businesses About and Contact Neighborhood Watch Bluff Park Forum Community Billboard Op/Ed (Coming Soon) Heather's Corner

Spread the word!  Like us on Facebook:  

Follow us on Twitter

Get the Book "Images of America: Hoover" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs   

Get the Book "Images of America: Bluff Park" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs

Check out the Event Calendar for "Images of America: Bluff Park" and "Images of America: Hoover"

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Welcome to the Bluff Park, Alabama Forum
05/18/24 at 2:43pm
News: Welcome to BluffParkAL.org, serving as THE Bluff Park Neighborhood Web Site since 2006
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8
Send Topic Print
dump trucks on Rockland (Read 28158 times)
BluffParkLifer
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Re: dump trucks on Rockland
Reply #45 - 07/31/08 at 7:36am

Alford/Fancher=Not Bluff Park

IP Logged
Forolemiss

Keep BP Beautiful

Reply #46 - 07/31/08 at 3:12pm

If you talk to any non-Bluff Parkians they consider Alford part of Bluff Park.  So I guess we are guilty by association.  

I am with BPPanther.  Alford does look like crap as people are starting to let their yards go.  This reflects poorly on us as it is the main road into Bluff Park.  

IP Logged
BluffPark2010
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #47 - 07/31/08 at 3:39pm

Forolemiss, you really need to get a life.

IP Logged
Forolemiss

Keep BP Beautiful

Reply #48 - 07/31/08 at 3:55pm

Quote from BluffPark2010 on 07/31/08 at 3:39pm:
Forolemiss, you really need to get a life.

BluffPark2010,

Can't help that I want to live in a clean community.  From your previous posts it sounds like you want to live in a trailer park.  

IP Logged
BluffPark2010
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #49 - 07/31/08 at 4:36pm

The truth is your yard probably looks as bad as the people you are.......... about.  You're just another I'm better than everybody snob, when the reality is you are probably one of the worst people in Bluff Park.  Do I want to live in a trailer park?  Absolutely not.  Do I want to live with a bunch of holier than thou racists who have nothing better to do than bash other people and stir up trouble?  I don't want that either.  Bluff Park, Alford Ave, Shades Mountain, were all around before Hoover, and before wanna be yuppies like you moved in.  The ONLY thing wrong with Alford Avenue is not many people anywhere want to have people going 55mph and aggressively tailgating outside their front door.  You are probably one of those said people.  Also, I noticed that nothing has changed about the big house on Alford Avenue.  Is it maybe because the city did just as I thought they would, take a look at the property and then just laugh at you behind your back?  Hey, why don't you go do something about that empty house in your own neighborhood.  Bedford Avenue is such a high upper class neighborhood compared to the rest of Bluff Park.  Want to know why the house on Alford Avenue by Tyler Road does not get sold?  Because the driveway is very narrow with brick walls on both sides, there is absolutely no room in the back yard for a vehicle to turn around, and it is just not safe to back out into a road where people drive 55 MPH and aggressively tailgate.  While you are spending all of your time complaining about how much better your little street is than Alford Avenue, you are just too stupid to realize that without Alford Avenue to connect you to the Interstate, you would have a much more difficult time getting to work.  Maybe you should take the time to learn about things before you start running your ignorant hate filled mouth.

The solution to Alford Avenue would be for people to stop using it as a commuter road.  I remember how Alford used to be, before everybody started moving to Hoover and clogging up the road.  I personally think there should be speed bumps and stop signs on Alford Avenue, that would at least make the road safer.  You would probably ignore the stop signs, because you are one of those people who think as long as nobody is looking you can do whatever you want.

How about the Bluff Park Village shopping center or the apartments, which are undisputedly in Bluff Park Proper?  I could complain what an eyesore those places are, but it wouldn't do any good.  What about all of the people walking along side of the road to and from the Piggly Wiggly?  My guess is, you probably drive around it so you don't have to look at it.

Oh hey, do you have any houses on your street or neighborhood that are worth over $500k?  I can think of two that are on Alford Avenue, one of them is the hispanic house, and the other one is the big million dollar house that is behind the row of neatly trimmed bushes.

« Last Edit: 07/31/08 at 10:32pm by BluffParkWriter »  
  IP Logged
dejavu
Ex Member

Reply #50 - 07/31/08 at 7:40pm

Quote from BluffPark2010 on 07/31/08 at 4:36pm:
The truth is your yard probably looks as bad as the people you are ............ about. You're just another I'm better than everybody snob, when the reality is you are probably one of the worst people in Bluff Park. Do I want to live in a trailer park? Absolutely not. Do I want to live with a bunch of holier than thou racists who have nothing better to do than bash other people and stir up trouble? I don't want that either. Bluff Park, Alford Ave, Shades Mountain, were all around before Hoover, and before wanna be yuppies like you moved in. The ONLY thing wrong with Alford Avenue is not many people anywhere want to have people going 55mph and aggressively tailgating outside their front door. You are probably one of those said people. Also, I noticed that nothing has changed about the big house on Alford Avenue. Is it maybe because the city did just as I thought they would, take a look at the property and then just laugh at you behind your back? Hey, why don't you go do something about that empty house in your own neighborhood. Bedford Avenue is such a high upper class neighborhood compared to the rest of Bluff Park. Want to know why the house on Alford Avenue by Tyler Road does not get sold? Because the driveway is very narrow with brick walls on both sides, there is absolutely no room in the back yard for a vehicle to turn around, and it is just not safe to back out into a road where people drive 55 MPH and aggressively tailgate. While you are spending all of your time complaining about how much better your little street is than Alford Avenue, you are just too stupid to realize that without Alford Avenue to connect you to the Interstate, you would have a much more difficult time getting to work. Maybe you should take the time to learn about things before you start running your ignorant hate filled mouth.

The solution to Alford Avenue would be for people to stop using it as a commuter road. I remember how Alford used to be, before everybody started moving to Hoover and clogging up the road. I personally think there should be speed bumps and stop signs on Alford Avenue, that would at least make the road safer. You would probably ignore the stop signs, because you are one of those people who think as long as nobody is looking you can do whatever you want.

How about the Bluff Park Village shopping center or the apartments, which are undisputedly in Bluff Park Proper? I could complain what an eyesore those places are, but it wouldn't do any good. What about all of the people walking along side of the road to and from the Piggly Wiggly? My guess is, you probably drive around it so you don't have to look at it.

Oh hey, do you have any houses on your street or neighborhood that are worth over $500k? I can think of two that are on Alford Avenue, one of them is the hispanic house, and the other one is the big million dollar house that is behind the row of neatly trimmed bushes.

This post is very ugly.  You do not have to agree with everything that is posted, but there is no need to behave this way.

« Last Edit: 07/31/08 at 10:27pm by BluffParkWriter »  
  IP Logged
BluffParkWriter
Global Moderator

I Love sugar cookies
with splenda

Reply #51 - 07/31/08 at 10:28pm

language removed by Mod

Forum Rules  
http://bluffparkal.org/bpforum/YaBB.pl?num=1207016752

Email WWW   IP Logged
Forolemiss

Keep BP Beautiful

Reply #52 - 08/01/08 at 9:58am

Wow Bluffpark2010.  I see that you have made a lot of assumptions on your post.  Please let me respond to them below:

“The truth is your yard probably looks as bad as the people you are”

My Reply:  My yard is immaculate.  So are my cars, house and about everything I own.  I take a lot of personal pride in about everything I do.  

“You're just another I'm better than everybody snob, when the reality is you are probably one of the worst people in Bluff Park”

My reply:  I am not better than everybody but I am better than you.  From your previous post you sound like a trailer park hick that doesn’t want to improve this community and is content to let it slowly degrade.  So feel free to preach it from the Trailer Park there brother.

“Bluff Park, Alford Ave, Shades Mountain, were all around before Hoover, and before wanna be yuppies like you moved in.”

My reply:  My wife and I make more money than yuppies.  In fact we make a sheisse load of money and we plow it into our house and surroundings.  Given that we have invested so much in our home we are concerned with the neighborhood around it.  

We could live in Greystone, Forest Park, or Mountainbrook, but we chose to live in Bluff Park.  I hope this decision turns out to be a good one.

“Also, I noticed that nothing has changed about the big house on Alford Avenue. Is it maybe because the city did just as I thought they would, take a look at the property and then just laugh at you behind your back?”

My reply: You are assuming that the City of Hoover will enforce a housing code that they just recently adopted three years ago.  Yeah that’s right the City was without something as basic as a housing code up until three years ago.  Even then it took three older gentlemen to champion the cause because nobody else would push it through.

Given that I don’t have any faith that the City of Hoover will ever enforce the code.

“While you are spending all of your time complaining about how much better your little street is than Alford Avenue, you are just too stupid to realize that without Alford Avenue to connect you to the Interstate, you would have a much more difficult time getting to work. Maybe you should take the time to learn about things before you start running your ignorant hate filled mouth.”

My reply:  I never compared Bedford to Alford but I think Bedford would win hands down.  The $500K house that you referenced actually went on the market for around $350K and it probably sold for less because it stayed on the market forever.  The $1M home is actually three homes on a massive lot so if you averaged them it would be around $300K apiece.  Also there is no correlation to how much someone pays for a home and how clean it is, so I am not grasping your redneck logic.  

And I never mentioned anything about Alford being a commuter road and what does that have to do with how it looks?  I think your “Solution” is pretty stupid.  Why don’t you just ask people to start cleaning up around their yards so it doesn’t look like a vine/equipment infested pig pen.

“Hey, why don't you go do something about that empty house in your own neighborhood. Bedford Avenue is such a high upper class neighborhood compared to the rest of Bluff Park.”

My reply:  People around the Bluff Park Meadows area have been complaining for years and nothing has happened.  I guess the City of Hoover is laughing behind their backs too.  

« Last Edit: 08/01/08 at 11:07am by Forolemiss »  
  IP Logged
Another_PSA
Ex Member

Reply #53 - 08/01/08 at 11:57am

Quote from Forolemiss on 08/01/08 at 9:58am:
Wow Bluffpark2010.  I see that you have made a lot of assumptions on your post.  Please let me respond to them below:

“The truth is your yard probably looks as bad as the people you are”

My Reply:  My yard is immaculate.  So are my cars, house and about everything I own.  I take a lot of personal pride in about everything I do.  

His yard is immaculate.  I'll give him that.

“You're just another I'm better than everybody snob, when the reality is you are probably one of the worst people in Bluff Park”

My reply:  I am not better than everybody but I am better than you.  From your previous post you sound like a trailer park hick that doesn’t want to improve this community and is content to let it slowly degrade.  So feel free to preach it from the Trailer Park there brother.

You sound like a snob in that response.

“Bluff Park, Alford Ave, Shades Mountain, were all around before Hoover, and before wanna be yuppies like you moved in.”

My reply:  My wife and I make more money than yuppies.  In fact we make a sheisse load of money and we plow it into our house and surroundings.  Given that we have invested so much in our home we are concerned with the neighborhood around it.  

Scheisse is spelled with "sch" not "sh".  And I think you are full of it with the money response.

We could live in Greystone, Forest Park, or Mountainbrook, but we chose to live in Bluff Park.  I hope this decision turns out to be a good one.

Bravo Sierra

“Also, I noticed that nothing has changed about the big house on Alford Avenue. Is it maybe because the city did just as I thought they would, take a look at the property and then just laugh at you behind your back?”

My reply: You are assuming that the City of Hoover will enforce a housing code that they just recently adopted three years ago.  Yeah that’s right the City was without something as basic as a housing code up until three years ago.  Even then it took three older gentlemen to champion the cause because nobody else would push it through.

Given that I don’t have any faith that the City of Hoover will ever enforce the code.

What did your follow up with the city find?

“While you are spending all of your time complaining about how much better your little street is than Alford Avenue, you are just too stupid to realize that without Alford Avenue to connect you to the Interstate, you would have a much more difficult time getting to work. Maybe you should take the time to learn about things before you start running your ignorant hate filled mouth.”

My reply:  I never compared Bedford to Alford but I think Bedford would win hands down.  The $500K house that you referenced actually went on the market for around $350K and it probably sold for less because it stayed on the market forever.  The $1M home is actually three homes on a massive lot so if you averaged them it would be around $300K apiece.  Also there is no correlation to how much someone pays for a home and how clean it is, so I am not grasping your redneck logic.  

And I never mentioned anything about Alford being a commuter road and what does that have to do with how it looks?  I think your “Solution” is pretty stupid.  Why don’t you just ask people to start cleaning up around their yards so it doesn’t look like a vine/equipment infested pig pen.

If my house was the size of a postage stamp, and my yard was the size of a small bedroom, I suppose keeping it immaculate wouldn't be that difficult.  Good thing they can't see your backyard, right?

“Hey, why don't you go do something about that empty house in your own neighborhood. Bedford Avenue is such a high upper class neighborhood compared to the rest of Bluff Park.”

My reply:  People around the Bluff Park Meadows area have been complaining for years and nothing has happened.  I guess the City of Hoover is laughing behind their backs too.

Who have they been complaining to?  Themselves?  Not much gets done that way.  

Your attacks are unwarranted.  Oh, and you need to read Sun Tsu's works.  Something about a hundred battles...

IP Logged
Forolemiss

Keep BP Beautiful

Reply #54 - 08/01/08 at 1:37pm

Another PSA,

Who asked your opinion??  I sure didn’t.  

Unless you have been going through my bank/retirement statements, I don’t think you would know how much money I make or where I can afford to live.  The point was that I can live anywhere in Birmingham that I want but I chose BP.  To clarify: Anything under $600-700 I could afford.

I chose BP because everyone said it was going to be the next Homewood or Crestline.  Boy were they wrong.   There hasn't been any progress at all.  In fact it has been slipping backwards because you and your buddy Bluffpark2010 want to live in filth.  You want to take up for people that will eventually drag this neighborhood down.  You are to concerned that I seem to be picking on Mexicans to realize all of the crap that is in their yards.  I think someone on this site called the Alford Ave yard the "Sanford and Son Yard".  Just the neighbor I want.

Two other things:

The yard is a little bit bigger than a bedroom.  I know. I cut it.  That doesn’t seem to be the theme on Alford.  

And unless you have been living under a rock you would know that people have been complaining to Hoover about the Savoy house for years. Nothing is ever done about it which is the situation in Bluff Park.

You seem to have some thing about back yards.  Yours probably looks like sheisse oh I'm sorry scheisse.

« Last Edit: 08/01/08 at 2:08pm by Forolemiss »  
  IP Logged
Another_PSA
Ex Member

Reply #55 - 08/01/08 at 3:00pm

Quote from Forolemiss on 08/01/08 at 1:37pm:
Another PSA,

Who asked your opinion??  I sure didn’t.  

Unless you have been going through my bank/retirement statements, I don’t think you would know how much money I make or where I can afford to live.  The point was that I can live anywhere in Birmingham that I want but I chose BP.  To clarify: Anything under $600-700 I could afford.

I chose BP because everyone said it was going to be the next Homewood or Crestline.  Boy were they wrong.   There hasn't been any progress at all.  In fact it has been slipping backwards because you and your buddy Bluffpark2010 want to live in filth.  You want to take up for people that will eventually drag this neighborhood down.  You are to concerned that I seem to be picking on Mexicans to realize all of the crap that is in their yards.  I think someone on this site called the Alford Ave yard the "Sanford and Son Yard".  Just the neighbor I want.

Two other things:

The yard is a little bit bigger than a bedroom.  I know. I cut it.  That doesn’t seem to be the theme on Alford.

And unless you have been living under a rock you would know that people have been complaining to Hoover about the Savoy house for years. Nothing is ever done about it which is the situation in Bluff Park.

You seem to have some thing about back yards.  Yours probably looks like sheisse oh I'm sorry scheisse.

So sorry to jump in.  I thought this was a public forum, not the forolemiss forum.

I'll let you gripe about all of your horrible Bluff Park neighbors, but first one question:  If you have the resources to live anywhere in Birmingham, and if you found that Bluff Park really wasn't what you thought it would be, and if things just aren't improving to your satisfaction, then what in the world are you still doing here?  From what I hear it's a buyer's market right now and you should be able to find the home of your dreams in the perfect neighborhood where everyone keeps their yard just so (mainly because those Hispanics you despise so much come once a week to do it for them).  What is keeping you in ugly, trashy, nasty Bluff Park.  Why be subject to a group of city leaders who laugh behind your back and don't enforce the rules?

I know if I was not satisfied and I was rich like you I certainly wouldn't waste my time on a forum griping about things.  I'd be busy buying my next house and getting out of Bluff Park.  

On a different topic, I have found that people who boast about their income fall into one of two categories.  They're either trying to make up for shortcomings in certain areas or they are lying.  Which category do you fall under?

IP Logged
teatucker

Welsh with no tail

Reply #56 - 08/01/08 at 3:12pm

I chose BP because everyone said it was going to be the next Homewood or Crestline. Boy were they wrong.

I dont want to get in your argument but I have a question about this statement.. who is everyone?
When I bought that is what my realtor had said that to me also and I have seen that kind of growth in the area that I am in maybe not as fast but a continued growth. My realtor told me that there are SOME prime spots in Bluff Park, popular roads and areas that are fixed and sold or flipped. Some examples she gave me included but not limited to (sorry I cant remember all of them) Park Ave, Chapel, The Farley's, Cambo's, Rockland area, etc. They are the ones I remember because they had the houses that I was most interested in. No where did she mention anything about Alford Ave. nor did I look at any homes on that road.

I guess from what I have read on here from others is that there are people that see the same problems you do around them and then there are people who do not see it around them... so maybe its not an overall problem just a few homes here and there??? I would be interested in hearing from a realtor that sells in Bluff Park. Considering that the house next to me sold in 10 days for 205,000 and it is a postage stamp with a new updated kitchen and hardwood floors, I am not in an area of Bluff Park where I am seeing what you are seeing and I am thankful for that. Anyway I was just wondering who had told you that statement that is all really.

IP Logged
BluffPark2010
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #57 - 08/01/08 at 3:33pm

Oh so you think you're better than just me, huh?  I'll bet you wouldn't last ten seconds.

IP Logged
Forolemiss

Keep BP Beautiful

Reply #58 - 08/01/08 at 4:25pm

Let’s just get something straight.  I am not the one that fired off the original one page hate post.  I was just responding to your trailer trash friend.  As far as the income discussion, that was in response to your friend’s post.  Not lying or compensating for something else.

You can call me a racist till your blue in the face, but I could care less.  I just call it like I see it.  Every house in BP with massive amounts of construction equipment in their yard is Mexican-owned.  I am just pointing out the direct correlation.  If that makes me a racist, then so be it.  

Oh by the way, have you seen the two dump trucks parked in front of the new Hispanic home by Larkspur Lane.  When are you going to concede to the fact that I am right??

As far as moving out of Bluff Park, once the kids get out of Bluff Park Elementary we plan to jet to Vestavia.  So there you go.  Sorry I took a gamble on Bluff Park, a place of all talk and no action.  

IP Logged
bppanther
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #59 - 08/01/08 at 4:28pm

Quote from teatucker on 08/01/08 at 3:12pm:

I chose BP because everyone said it was going to be the next Homewood or Crestline.  Boy were they wrong.  

I dont want to get in your argument but I have a question about this statement.. who is everyone?
When I bought that is what my realtor had said that to me also and I have seen that kind of growth in the area that I am in maybe not as fast but a continued growth. My realtor told me that there are SOME prime spots in Bluff Park, popular roads and areas that are fixed and sold or flipped. Some examples she gave me included but not limited to (sorry I cant remember all of them) Park Ave, Chapel, The Farley's, Cambo's, Rockland area, etc. They are the ones I remember because they had the houses that I was most interested in. No where did she mention anything about Alford Ave. nor did I look at any homes on that road.

I guess from what I have read on here from others is that there are people that see the same problems you do around them and then there are people who do not see it around them... so maybe its not an overall problem just a few homes here and there??? I would be interested in hearing from a realtor that sells in Bluff Park. Considering that the house next to me sold in 10 days for 205,000 and it is a postage stamp with a new updated kitchen and hardwood floors, I am not in an area of Bluff Park where I am seeing what you are seeing and I am thankful for that. Anyway I was just wondering who had told you that statement that is all really.

Not a real estate agent, but this is my opinion...This area didn't explode like parts of Homewood did years back, but we have experienced steady, continued growth.  I think a lot of people who have bought in Homewood the last few years have seen their property values decline b/c they bought in at the end of the housing boom, when houses in that area were overpriced.  We sold a house in BP within the last year in about a week, with 3 offers within the first few days.  For the most part, if you maintain your home and update a few things, your house will be desired.  A lot of young people have moved in, and that's a good sign.  I believe its much easier to sell here than many other areas, especially many parts of Shelby Co where there are hundreds upon hundreds of the same houses for sell, and drive times are horrendous (anytime I travel south on 65 past Highway 31 in the afternoon I swear I'll never do it again).  Its up to us to keep BP desirable and much of that is simply keeping your yard up and taking a little pride in your home...if not for you than for your neighbors.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8
Send Topic Print

godaddy stats

All Content ©2006-2014 BluffParkAl.org - All Rights Reserved - Site Designed and Hosted by PC Medics of Alabama/An RFS Enterprises Company