"For, About and By Bluff Park, Alabama"

Home Neighborhood Updates Bluff Park Information Bluff Park Businesses About and Contact Neighborhood Watch Bluff Park Forum Community Billboard Op/Ed (Coming Soon) Heather's Corner

Spread the word!  Like us on Facebook:  

Follow us on Twitter

Get the Book "Images of America: Hoover" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs   

Get the Book "Images of America: Bluff Park" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs

Check out the Event Calendar for "Images of America: Bluff Park" and "Images of America: Hoover"

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Welcome to the Bluff Park, Alabama Forum
05/18/24 at 4:59pm
News: Welcome to BluffParkAL.org, serving as THE Bluff Park Neighborhood Web Site since 2006
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print
dump trucks on Rockland (Read 28167 times)
teatucker

Welsh with no tail

Re: dump trucks on Rockland
Reply #90 - 08/05/08 at 4:32pm

Quote from mbear2662 on 08/05/08 at 11:21am:
I may have joined the wrong group then based on where the boundaries are for Bluff Park. I live on Regent Lane. I am very interested in my neighborhood. Could you please tell me if I live in Bluff Park or if I should be associated with the Shades Mountain forum. Also what is the web site for that so that I can join that forum?

Thanks for your information. There is a house on Regent Lane that has tree limbs that were cut at the beginning of the summer that are STILL in the yard and have not be carried to the front for pick-up. The people that live in the house are not elderly they are just LAZY!!!!.

Again thanks for the information.

This is still a good place to converse even if you are inside Shades Mtn.. if they have not formed a site of their own then maybe having some of the Shades residents here will get them talking and they will see the need for it. They are welcome here as well I have seen.

IP Logged
Forolemiss

Keep BP Beautiful

Reply #91 - 08/05/08 at 4:38pm

Since it is such a fuzzy issue, why don't we vote on whether or not Alford and the streets off of Alford should be included in BP.  My vote is that they should since basically all non-BPers consider Alford as BP.  Also, if you include the Alfordians they have a voice in what happens to their community.

« Last Edit: 08/05/08 at 4:59pm by Forolemiss »  
  IP Logged
Bluff Park Guy

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #92 - 08/05/08 at 4:53pm

Alfordians........... I love it  Grin

IP Logged
fitgrl

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #93 - 08/05/08 at 8:09pm

If we consider Alford Bluff Park, then what about all of the side streets...Haden, Pine, John's, etc.  Is what you consider now BP basically what is zoned for BP elem.?  Huh

IP Logged
pattycam
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #94 - 08/05/08 at 8:24pm

I live on Mountain Oaks and, although technically I am in the Shades Mountain area, when I give directions, I tell people I live in Bluff Park.  We have the many of the same issues in our area.  We are a neighborhood on the brink of either incredible increases in value...or sliding into a mediocre, lower middle class burg.  Some houses are fabulous, others..not so much.  Our street is used as a cut-through from Tyler to Alford, and in the morning, when I do my power walking, I am sometimes afraid for my life!  Speeding, running stop signs, etc.  The police put up one of those automated speed check signs last year and some drivers slowed down, but now they're back to racing through.  My favorite thing to do is drive around going 25 mph- and back up all the young drivers in such a hurry.

IP Logged
bpresident
Global Moderator

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #95 - 08/05/08 at 8:40pm

Quote from fitgrl on 08/05/08 at 8:09pm:
If we consider Alford Bluff Park, then what about all of the side streets...Haden, Pine, John's, etc.  Is what you consider now BP basically what is zoned for BP elem.?  Huh

Good point.  I discuss that in this post: http://bluffparkal.org/bpforum/YaBB.pl?num=1213668330/84#84

IP Logged
dw14
YaBB Newbies

I live in Shades
Mountain!

Reply #96 - 08/05/08 at 8:59pm

I think there are a lot of Shades Mtn people in here... I'm a Regent Forest resident myself... I keep an eye out for all the stuff b/c I do see the potential for a huge value increase or it could go south...

Email   IP Logged
bpresident
Global Moderator

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #97 - 08/06/08 at 10:13am

Quote from bpresident on 08/05/08 at 1:30pm:
Quote from mbear2662 on 08/05/08 at 11:21am:
I may have joined the wrong group then based on where the boundaries are for Bluff Park.  I live on Regent Lane.  I am very interested in my neighborhood.  Could you please tell me if I live in Bluff Park or if I should be associated with the Shades Mountain forum.  Also what is the web site for that so that I can join that forum?

Thanks for your information.  There is a house on Regent Lane that has tree limbs that were cut at the beginning of the summer that are STILL in the yard and have not be carried to the front for pick-up.  The people that live in the house are not elderly they are just LAZY!!!!.

Again thanks for the information.

I don't know if the Shades Mountain community has gone online yet.  I do know they organized within six months of when we did and they have had some meetings, but again, I don't know if they have a site and/or a forum yet.

One way to find out would be to put a post out on either the Hoover Forum (http://www.hooverforum.com) or on the al.com Hoover Forum (http://www.al.com/forums/hoover/index.ssf) and ask if any of them know.  In the meanwhile, we don't discriminate on membership, so you're welcome to stay here as long as you'd like.

Link to the Shades Mountain Forum:  http://shadesmt.16.forumer.com/

IP Logged
Forolemiss

Keep BP Beautiful

Reply #98 - 08/08/08 at 10:12am

Anybody see a building permit for the home on Alford and Larkspur??   Given all the concrete that is going to be poured into that yard, I bet it is going to be filled with construction equipment.

IP Logged
Bluff Park Guy

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #99 - 08/08/08 at 10:46am

It looks like they are going to do a U driveway in the front and then extend the driveway down the side into the back. Does it look like they are pouring a slab in the backyard? Was also thinking they might be planning on building a garage/workshop in the back. Did that house just sell or are people who have always lived there doing this?

IP Logged
bpresident
Global Moderator

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #100 - 08/08/08 at 10:58am

Quote from Bluff Park Guy on 08/08/08 at 10:46am:
It looks like they are going to do a U driveway in the front and then extend the driveway down the side into the back. Does it look like they are pouring a slab in the backyard? Was also thinking they might be planning on building a garage/workshop in the back. Did that house just sell or are people who have always lived there doing this?

The entire front looks like it's going to be a massive driveway, and it extends all the way to the back.  I've seen complaints on this forum in the past where people didn't like it when residents parked their cars on their lawn.  I've also seen complaints on this forum regarding the excessive speed on Alford and how it's hard for people to back out of their driveway.  It appears to me that this resident has solved both situations in one shot.  Not only does he now have enough driveway space for a small fleet of cars, but he's also never going to have to back out of his driveway.  Plus he gets the added bonus of not having to mow his yard, as there doesn't seem to be any yard left to mow.  With the right landscaping, this could actually end up looking pretty good.  I think as long as it is used for personal vehicles, and not construction equipment, it just might work.  

IP Logged
appleblossom

Groovy!!

Reply #101 - 08/08/08 at 11:36am

928 was a rental for years... just sold.

IP Logged
Forolemiss

Keep BP Beautiful

Reply #102 - 08/08/08 at 2:07pm

I am not that concerned with the driveway as much as I am the "Fleet" as you say.  I don't think it is going to be a fleet of cars as much as a fleet of work vans in the front and a fleet of construction equipment in the back.  Since the back is elevated you aren't going to be able to hide anything from the road.

IP Logged
bpresident
Global Moderator

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #103 - 08/08/08 at 2:12pm

Quote from Forolemiss on 08/08/08 at 2:07pm:
I am not that concerned with the driveway as much as I am the "Fleet" as you say.  I don't think it is going to be a fleet of cars as much as a fleet of work vans in the front and a fleet of construction equipment in the back.  Since the back is elevated you aren't going to be able to hide anything from the road.  

Are you sure we're talking about the same house?  You made it sound like it was at the corner of Larkspur and Alford and the house that I saw wasn't a corner lot.  I also drove real slow by it today and was unable to see the back because the house was obstructing it.  

IP Logged
Forolemiss

Keep BP Beautiful

Reply #104 - 08/08/08 at 2:16pm

I guess I meant to say Alford and Lakspur but not imply a corner.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print

godaddy stats

All Content ©2006-2014 BluffParkAl.org - All Rights Reserved - Site Designed and Hosted by PC Medics of Alabama/An RFS Enterprises Company